• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drag sled

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
What all is involved in converting a 01 summit 151.
Lowering,wheels up front, slick track or cut ch pt,sway bar back in,Lighter parts.
Race track is about 500 ft elevation. Jetted and clutched for 3-6000. I can't seam to sell it real cheap or get any of my chicken chit friends to ride it. They want to ride my new stuff. so I'm interested in getting more use out of it.
Ported 840, billit head, ect recurred,dual ring piston, y pipe and can,runs real good in the hills.
Rear skid set up?

Clutching?
I'm assuming ill have to change to a 136 or so.
Thanks.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
I found on off road.com. compressing rear skid down to 2 inch of travel and holding it with a clevis hook. It gives part#s for shorter springs for rear skid. Shorter springs for the front and using limited straps.
How well would this work? Looks like u can use what you got, with some modifications. I'm only interested in some bracket racing.
A new rear skid costs $3000. A real conveyor belt Track $800.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Ya we ran a polaris skid in are rev tied down ,ZRT front shocks were the right lenth for us,but walbrothers has a 750 $ susp[ grass] I beleave that works very well. 121 10-5/8 better top end.

Premium Features