• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does Anybody Have a PSI Motor in an Edge Chasis?

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
if yes, what pipes have you found to fit and did you have to cut, fabricate or modify anything for a good fit?

One problem I have is that the PSI exhaust flanges I have are 4 hole and I think the angles were originally designed by PSI for the Gen II chasis. I believe the Polaris VES motors use 3 hole exhaust flanges and the angles may be different??? It looks to me like the SLP, PSI, and CPI twin pipes all have the 3 hole exhaust flanges.

A second problem is that the PSI cylinders are a bit bigger and wider than the stock Polaris VES cylinders and so the PTO exhaust flange is closer to the PTO shock tower bracket and it looks like there in now not enough clearance for the PTO side pipe.

You guys have any advice????

thanks

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Western NY.
What are you using for a engine plate, I put a 1155 in a 04 switchback and everything went in ok. I believe I shimed the motor up slightlly but all went well on the install. ran like **** but thats another problem.

I also put 1 in a prox, that was a lot more work

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
You need to talk with scott... I hate to say it but unless u have all the stuff already I would not waste my time with a psi anymore. Yes back in the day they were the motor but now ......uh.....not so much...lol..for many reasons

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
I have had the PSI 890 motor for years and it is actually one that has run well with no problems. It's been collecting dust for a few years as it has been a backup for my 1085 which I have in my Gen II. I came across an Edge chasis this fall so I'm off and runnin' on a new project.

I plan on not using any kind of engine plate and have the engine sitting in the chasis right now using nothing more than the stock engine straps. Plently of room and ways to shim motor forward, backward or staight up if need be. I will use both push and pull torque stops which will be fine.

Carbs fit good but not much room for airpod filters. Definately need angled filter for mag side carb. I thought I needed to shim the oil tank to the side a bit but negative.

I am going with premix and oil pump lines to crank only.

I am going with plunger vs. cable type chokes.

Probably going with regular ol' SLP twin pipes for Polaris 800 Edge but may have to grind some off the pto shock tower bracket or adjust the angle on pto exhaust flange.

500 posts.........how 'bout that!

Premium Features