• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Difference between '09,'10,11 M-1000?

Is there any substantial difference between these sleds? I didn't think they had done much to them since they were focusing on the 800 but wanted to make sure. I can get a new '09 1000 non-snow check for $8000 and thought that was a good deal for a warrantied sled. I know there was quite a bit of difference between the '08 and '09. Thanks ahead of time for any info.

From what I've heard the '10 has a little better map than the '09 (more powerful). If it's the same as the 2010 M8 then the '10 M1K has high temp rollers in the secondary, which the '09 M1K doesn't. Not sure about the other '09's but my dealer told me my leftover '09 was updated with all the heat shielding around the oil tank, etc like the 2010+'s... 2010's have frogszkin vents on the nose. 2009's still had metal mesh. 2011's have the nose frogzskins plus the intake frogzskins by the headlights. Heard the '10's have a harder PTO engine mount rubber over the '09's (not 100% sure). 2011's have better calibrated rear shocks.

Last edited:
Thats pretty much it, can't say on the mapping though its hypothetical. Get the 09

Thx for the advice

I am sure that I could get an updated map assuming that the '10 is better. Anyone know if it is actually better? For the price, I think I can take my shocks to Holz for $200 and beat the AC valving as I love Holz' work on the M7. I also have a spare set of Frogskins sitting here so I think I can take care of that as well. I have a bunch of parts I will be stripping off my blown M7 CPC BB that I will be putting on. Anybody need any M7 parts? I'll be making a post in the classifieds with everything as I am thinking I need to part that puppy out now.

Are the secondary clutches the same by chance as my M7 stocker? I just put that on and have only one ride on it. I thought they went 4 post and then back to 3 or something like that?

Thx again

Premium Features

Back