• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dear Santa, All I want in a 2021 Polaris RMK is....

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
4 year warranty
Factory magnetic tether
Balance left to right 50/50
3" pitch tracks (including 2.6-2.8)
Extrovert drivers
Velocity shock option on Pro
Short tunnel
Front Cooler
Aligned clutches
Adjustable clutch weights
Shorter running boards
Geared down belt drive
Better quality pull rope

Also very good points, I really think you should be able to choose the elevation clutch weights you want at the dealership when you buy your sled. There are thousands of mountain sleds sold in the mid west and out east each year. Weights are very cheap to make for the OEMs. I doubt they will ever sell an adjustable weight but we can wish!

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Seems like one would have to be stuck for a long azz time for it to refreeze and cause issues... and having standard RMKs in the past and riding with Cats most days I have never noticed this issue. Only problem I have seen with front coolers is stuff getting stuck/punctures. More clearance would be good, especially for when a guy has a 3”+ track. Would be sweeet to be able to run a 3” track, 3” pitch 8 tooth driver and still have a half inch or more of clearance. Would also be a good time to add another inch or so of ground clearance front to back.

I like Dmaxs idea of at the very least ending the cooler somewhere under the seat/tank.

Short seat option on snowcheck would be cool.

Factory Raptor shocks.

Shot style start system.

Knee/Ankle breaking footholds have NEEDED to go since 2011.

Tuneman... I LOVE the gripper ski loops, they are the only factory loops that aren’t horrible to pull on. Who gives a rip how they look as long as they work. I agree the pipe insulation needs to go... so itchy, gets everywhere. And yes the intake needs more surface area.

It was literally a couple minute. It happens when its not too cold outside.

J
Nov 25, 2019
all my friends cats don’t have overheating issues on the trails, they don’t have frozen pants, running boards and rear skids. Due to the full length tunnel cooler....my pants, running boards, rear skid are constantly wet/frozen when riding. Tunnel cooler that drips onto the running boards and rear skid adds a ton of weight wholeness riding......so much for being the lightest most flickable sled.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I want even lower toe hoops so that I have an endless supply of customers jk
What . . . are you an orthopedic surgeon? haha
I love the toe loops, but they are just too low, and catch the boot. I dont like the idea of adding something in that area to block it either, as that just feels weird, like ice has built up and filled the toe loop area. Some like it though :)

Please shorten the tunnel and put the bumper over the top, not out the back, duh x2
Roger this one!

Please redesign the spare belt holder so I don't have to back bend my expensive belt.
Great idea too!

Please fix the ski snubber issue, duh
Wow . . .forgot about this one. Definitely needs to be done!!

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
4 year warranty
Factory magnetic tether
Balance left to right 50/50
3" pitch tracks (including 2.6-2.8)
Extrovert drivers
Velocity shock option on Pro
Short tunnel
Front Cooler
Aligned clutches
Adjustable clutch weights
Shorter running boards
Geared down belt drive
Better quality pull rope

All of this above.
And how about throwing us east coast guys a bone and make a true 146 pro rmk. The sks 146 is a f+#$÷ng joke.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
all my friends cats don’t have overheating issues on the trails, they don’t have frozen pants, running boards and rear skids. Due to the full length tunnel cooler....my pants, running boards, rear skid are constantly wet/frozen when riding. Tunnel cooler that drips onto the running boards and rear skid adds a ton of weight wholeness riding......so much for being the lightest most flickable sled.

Spot on write up. I’ve been saying this for a while now. A warm tunnel melts snow and makes water. Water will eventually refreeze some where and create ice blocks. So on the tunnel as soon as you take a break and engine cools off, or on your pants legs, or tunnel bag. It gets everything wet which is a riders worst enemy in the cold!

The heat needs to be focused in an area that won’t make such an impact. The bulk head cooler works in my opinion. Not sure why one couldn’t fully test an AXYS by modding an SKS with a jumper hose to eliminate tunnel coolers.

Cold tunnel means no snow sticks and will be lighter without question. I’ll take my chances with the slush when stuck issue. Better than wet pant legs and soaked tunnel bag all day! Then the chipping ice..

A good point noted for sure on the slushy when stuck though.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I want even lower toe hoops so that I have an endless supply of customers jk

Definitely new body panels, as the Axys design is starting to look dated.

Please add cooling fins to the tunnel coolers, duh...

Please shorten the tunnel and put the bumper over the top, not out the back, duh x2

Please redesign the spare belt holder so I don't have to back bend my expensive belt.

Please make a 3" pitch standard with extrovert drivers and give us at least 8" diameter idlers.

Please don't ever sell a sled with a raw aluminum tunnel ever again.

New ski hoops that don't look like they belong on a sled from the 70s would be a good idea.

Adjustable primary weights, please.

Please fix the ski snubber issue, duh

Please get rid of that horrible pipe insulation

Boondocker just released a brilliant air intake design. Take notes.

The way I tilt my Everett ankle savers I can still get my toe in to get as far forward as I need and still have options for a toe hold without getting my boot stuck. Great little idea that works well with my size 13 Klim's:IMG_8335.jpgIMG_8336.jpgIMG_8337.jpg

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I want more wires and electronics.

they're just not complicated enough

I can figure out what all the relays and connections and sensors do in about a month. That should take me at LEAST a full season.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i tried the ankle savers, great concept and product. however, i could still get my size 9 klim boots stuck no matter how i positioned the savers.
so i cut my hoops off 2 sleds now. never an issue

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
They are definitely a great concept and a good "band aid" for the issue, but Polaris needs to just move those horizontal pieces up about 1.5" to 2" and one would still be able to fully insert the boot into the footwell to use when riding, but not have them get stuck . . . its a win-win :)

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Ok, I guess I have to get involved here:

1. More reliable engine. By far and away their first priority needs to be this. I love my AXYS. I would really love to be able to trust it past 1,500 miles.

I thought that was all, but then a bunch of you make some really good points that I might echo here. A bunch of these seem so ridiculously stupid easy that it's actually pretty frustrating that we have to keep asking.

• choice of clutching elevation
  • FACTORY TETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lower Gearing
  • Ankle Breakers moved up
  • smaller / lower seat
  • redesigned belt holder. The back bend is indeed a killer.
  • I also love the Polaris ski hoops as is. No need for change here.
  • Fix ski snubber problems.
  • True 146 pro rmk isn't just for east coasters either. I would LOVE to see that exist and I live in Utah!! Not everybody is a big fat 200 pounder like me that needs all that flotation. Let's act like there are some people who aren't big fat fatties and who don't obsess over the steepest deepest terrain all the time. They really do exist!!! Then take the next step and drop the 550 in it and re-introduce the indy-lite rmk at right around 375 pounds and give the industry the lightest sled that it has seen in many decades. Ultimate beginner / intro / small person sled. And it wouldn't use a single part that isn't already sitting on the shelf.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I agree with the smaller/lighter idea. Just pony up and actually build a scaled down chassis – doesn't have to be an all-out effort. Then do something in the smaller engine department: the 550 is ancient, the 600 is pretty old too. Cat may have showed the way with an 800 cut in half, but maybe you could push up closer to 100HP with a redesigned, fuel injected 550 fan. Finally, build a scaled down belt drive for the lighter machines. It kind of stinks that the 850 (and to a lessor extent 800) is the only optimized package: the other option is basically the same thing with less power (and usually more weight!). I guess my other big wish is new styling. The look really hasn't changed much since the Pro was introduced, and I'd venture that didn't sell on looks to begin with. I know we probably won't see any of the smaller/lighter stuff, but at least reworking a bunch of plastic panels shouldn't be that difficult, right?

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Well I don't know how many of the changes you guys want will be on the new sled but there is a new sled coming. End of February will be interesting.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Perfect. I'll pay off my Doo spring of 21 and hopefully trade in for a holdover new gen. Assuming there's no issues with first MY. 2016 went well so let's keep it rolling.

Here's to hoping dealers have too much and Polaris/Sheffield offer 0% interest $0 down again! Seems like the industry overall is getting leaner but still finding holdovers for deals when I look online.

Main thing I'll miss is Shot, build quality and ease of riding in non technical terrain

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Interesting that you guys are seeing super good deals. I saw big time deals last spring on clearing out the old 2018 stuff (so I bought one) but I haven't seen anything nearly as impressive so far this year on 19 and 20 stuff. What are you seeing?

Premium Features