• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DD Gearing Changes for 3" track on TM1000?

A
Dec 1, 2008
Camoplast-Challenger-Extreme-3-inch-001-500x375.jpg

9220M

attachment.php
x3?

A
Dec 1, 2008
So are those 3" pitch drivers that fit DD axle made by Wahl Bros? Or what?

I got the track and I think that there is too little play left, so might as well change the drivers.

My sled is M8 SnoPro 2008 boondocker pump gas turbo with stock gearing 57/63 was it?

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
What do you weigh Smokin Dave? I found gearing down didnt slow my top speed down at all, Belt life is the most important for me.. Tree riding and boost equals heated belts, 1 a day is too much. Most of the guys in our group riding boosted m's eat a belt a day.. I had 5 rides on my last one. I am also 174.. I geared down to 55/65

I have been running the 3" for a couple of years now with stock size drivers and not had a bit of rubbing.
I do remember reading that using smaller drivers can make to much heat and cause the track to delaminate.
Last weekend I replaced my bulkhead and was able to see the inside of my tunnel and there wasn't any sign of rubbing.
I'm also running DD Lite HT 61/59 with track shaft.
I found that the boosted M1000 likes track speed and couldn't imagine gearing down.
I have only blown up one belt.
Just my opinion though.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
What do you weigh Smokin Dave? I found gearing down didnt slow my top speed down at all, Belt life is the most important for me.. Tree riding and boost equals heated belts, 1 a day is too much. Most of the guys in our group riding boosted m's eat a belt a day.. I had 5 rides on my last one. I am also 174.. I geared down to 55/65

I'm a light weight at 165lbs.
When I posted must of been dyslexic,I'm running the 59/61 ht diamond lite so am geared down a bit.
I have yet to blow a belt on this sled but once last year while taking a short cut through a cut block I did manage to spin my belt in side out on a big stump.
Never seen that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features