• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

D7 nosepan screen

C
Dec 26, 2008
I need to replace the nosepan screen on my 07 Dragon, but am trying to do my research first. From what I know, the screen isn't actually needed on the RMK raw chassis since there is no front radiator. Does anyone make a replacement that is just a filler and doesn't have the mesh screen?

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I felt like in deep powder days our 07 didn't dive near as much. I am very happy with it. I also did the Polaris A-Arm covers which I thought was a nice touch as well. If your a tree banger like MH you'll want the additional protection of the float plate too. EW

100_6724.jpg

C
Dec 26, 2008
If I was going to spend the money to change the bumper and/or add the float plate, I'd just do an 09 front end conversion. I was hoping for a cheap fix. The factory Polaris part is only about $30, but I'm afraid the mesh just won't last real long.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Well if you really want cheap and durable take the stock one's cut out the mesh section and cut and glue some thin ABS pieces in to replace them, if you use the correct glue for ABS the joint is as strong as the rest of the material.

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Airflow, Airflow, Airflow, why block off a port? Even up here in the AK, the underhood temperatures can get maniacal. I am always looking to add airflow whenever possible.

I bought the SLP water resistant material, and sprayed the tacky red gasket sealant on my OEM inserts, layed the materail over, trimmed and then put them back in, air goes in, water, ice and snow stays out.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
If I was going to spend the money to change the bumper and/or add the float plate, I'd just do an 09 front end conversion. I was hoping for a cheap fix. The factory Polaris part is only about $30, but I'm afraid the mesh just won't last real long.

the 09 front end looks good but offers little protection for hitting anything... as for looks its good, but for what you get for your money you are way better off to go with a tree dog bumper or any other aftermarket bumper if you are looking for a bumper that actually serves the purpose of the bumper... the 09-10 polaris front bumper is a grab handle and thats about it

Premium Features