• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

D&D Big Dog Barker or Speedwerx L2?

I plan on buying a new proclimb either this spring or fall and the first thing I want to do is put a can on it. I've got two cans narrowed down, D&D's barker and Speedwerx's new L2.

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on the two cans and if anyone is running one of them how do they like the can.

Thanks guys!:face-icon-small-hap

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I have the D&D and it is sick. It is tunable for back pressure/sound. build quality is good and they build a quiet version for the Obama lovers like damdave:heart:

OB hater here.........just like to have areas to ride in, like to be welcome when I go riding, take a trip to West Yellowstone and you can hear the flatlanders for miles and miles................just more ammo for the real OB lovers.........if you dont get it then dont bitch to me when your favorite riding area is gone..........we all have to take responsibility sometime soon

Last edited:
J

jwebb06

Dec 17, 2012
Schleswig, IA
I have the Speedwerx L2 on my 2013 ProClimb M8 153 Sno Pro and love it. It is built very well and is really small compared to the factory suitcase that comes on it so lightens up the sled alot. It sounds great! It is quiet abit louder than the stock but I love the sound of it. One thing I like about Speedwerx is they focus primarily (maybe only) on Cats in the snowmobile field so you know that you are getting a great product that is built and tested with exactly the same type of sleds. I have a small video of mine on my phone I will try and get up here for ya.

I have the Speedwerx L2 on my 2013 ProClimb M8 153 Sno Pro and love it. It is built very well and is really small compared to the factory suitcase that comes on it so lightens up the sled alot. It sounds great! It is quiet abit louder than the stock but I love the sound of it. One thing I like about Speedwerx is they focus primarily (maybe only) on Cats in the snowmobile field so you know that you are getting a great product that is built and tested with exactly the same type of sleds. I have a small video of mine on my phone I will try and get up here for ya.

Ya if you could post a video that would be great! There aren't any on YouTube that show how it sounds except for the speedwerx video. That is is one thing about speedwerx is they specialize in cat so you know the products they build should work great with cat. So in your opinion the L2 can is worth the money?

J

jwebb06

Dec 17, 2012
Schleswig, IA
Being from Iowa and not having had alot of snow here so far I havent had alot of time to ride it since I've had the can on it, but what I have I really like and would say its totally worth the money. I'm headed to either Laramie or Togwotee the middle of March and I can let you know how it works out there, but I'm sure you will want to have one and have it put on by then. Also being a M8 they come factory set up for like 6000-9000 ft elevation and I havent put the different clutch weights on for here in Iowa (Where I'm clearly below 6000ft.) simply b/c I do most of my riding out west and my dealer told me I wouldnt need to change them as long as I aint riding to hard while here in Iowa (he said basically not holding it wide open for more that 20 seconds). If I had changed them I would pry be getting alil better performance out of it here and really tell what the can helps so again see what happens when I get it out west. Also the video I have uploaded here isnt very good quality... it's taken on my iPhone and I had my dad doing the recording quick and he is far from being anything technologically advanced, but you can at least hear kind of what it sounds like. I must not be as technologically advanced as I thought I was either cause it took me forever to figure out how to get the video uploaded on here in the right format and size (this is my first time putting a video on here tho) so let me know if it doesnt work.

Attachments

Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
i dislike the loud cans also.to me a can is a waist of money and performance unless you get the whole pipe kit.i understand it as a tuned exhaust,change any component and you have changed the tuning.most of the time it is a loss of hp and riding partners and areas to ride in.jmo.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Sorry guys but i need info From DAM DAVE
You stated in this thread that some riding areas were closed because of loud exhaust on snowmobiles I would like to read about that ,can you give me info on the areas that were closed because of this loud exhaust issue. Thanks

Its just part of the package.........if you don't think the groups that want to close our land are offended by noise you better wake and smell what your cooking, hell they want to ban all cell phones in National parks because of what they consider noise pollution, wake up before its too late

they don't like the smell of your snow machine, they don't like the noise and the don't like you trampling the snow..........they don't like your diesel truck.......they don't like your motorcycles........they don't like you

Dude.......are you really that blind:face-icon-small-dis

Reactions: 9071000
I couldnt get that video to work maybe you can pm it to me. And guy's this post isnt meant to start an argument so if you dont have anything to say to answer my questions i would appreciate it if you didnt post on here. I dont wanna hear people get into an argument about loud and quiet and who's right and who's wrong.
thanks!

Reactions: Hardass
Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
Here in anchorage we have dirt track that is used for racing in the summer.the snow machine club wants to use it in the winter.the greenies argued that the sleds were to loud and that the riders would not stay int the area.when it was put to vote the snow club won but must retain certain decible levels .we are loosing riding areas because of the disrespect of a few who think the louder you are the faster you are:face-icon-small-dis

Last edited:
Reactions: Dam Dave
J

jwebb06

Dec 17, 2012
Schleswig, IA
First off I cant figure out how to get the damn videos attached on this site. Sorry! Maybe someone can fill us in on how to or something. HOWEVER.... I started a YouTube account and was able to get it uploaded to YouTube so here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UeWbDJBdKM Hope that works. Secondly, he posted this thread asking recommendations on what kind of can he should get from people who have or may have heard the two cans he is considering. He didn't ask for you tree huggers to get on here and preach about your opinions on loud cans and pipes. Please do that in your own thread

Let me know if that link works

Reactions: catmaster66

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Its just part of the package.........if you don't think the groups that want to close our land are offended by noise you better wake and smell what your cooking, hell they want to ban all cell phones in National parks because of what they consider noise pollution, wake up before its too late

they don't like the smell of your snow machine, they don't like the noise and the don't like you trampling the snow..........they don't like your diesel truck.......they don't like your motorcycles........they don't like you

Dude.......are you really that blind:face-icon-small-dis

Dave, good list and will add the biggest one...they don't like your firearms.

Reactions: Dam Dave
Premium Features