• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cracking Y Pipes

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I need to replace my Y pipe on my Twisted Turbo M1000 as the brand new stock Y pipe cracked on me after my sleds first ride.
Was thinking about going with the D&D Y pipe but see they also sell for a hundred more dollars a turbo Y pipe.
Has anyone tried either the turbo Y pipe and or the regular Y pipe that D&D sells?
Is the turbo one a hundered dollars better than the regular one?
Any help or advise will be graetly appreciated......Thanks

I dont know if the turbo Y is better or not but I do know I have 2,000 miles on the d&d Y at 8 lbs. without a problem. When I installed my turbo I asked Dale Cutler if I should use my stock Y or my D&D Y and he said the M-1000 turbo is so power crazy it doesnt matter,if you need more power just turn the knob !!! I agree !!!

Ill second the D&D y pipe durability. Ive had mine for 2 years with no cracks. You may check your motor mounts as well, if you have undue vibration it may have caused your cracking.

I have not run the regular y on the turbo, just the turbo specific version. So I don't know if the turbo version is better. I know that they dynoed them a lot with Glenn back in 2008 so I am sure there is an advantage.

D&D turbo y has lasted 3 seasons at 15 pounds or higher. went through 3 stock y pipes in 10 rides or so before i went to the turbo y

I have a 'regular' D&D y-pipe on my TM8 @ 8.5 psi .... I bought it used at the beginning of last season (after the stocker cracked). I don't know how many miles it had on it when I bought it, but I put 1,000 miles on it with boost last season. Didn't really notice any difference in power but it sure didn't hurt it.

I would hit up OVS and see if he will sell you just the Y from his pipe kit. Its thicker and is quite a bit different that the others :) The Bikeman Y is the only one holding up for the twisted guys here locally..

Hi Dave!

You have to figure out why the stock pipe cracked so quickly or you will end up with a recurring problam. The d&d Y is a good piece and you will notice a good power increase even boosted.

Keep the revs down to below 7800, the m1000 seems to pull timing above that. (just my opinion)

Premium Features

Back