• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CPC or Push turbo for 09 M8

I want to turbo my 09 M8 with a 162" track.
Ride in Northern BC step and deep.
I have it norrowed down to Culter or Push stanard kit, pump gas
Culter comes with clutching parts but $1000 more for kit
Push comes With upgraded fuel pump, oil cooler and turbo is water cooled now, but no clutching stuff, claims can just use standard Arctic Cat springs and weights (differant ones, than stock) to get clutching right.
I don't want to tinker, or adjust the system once installed, pull and go kind of a guy.
Any thoughts on pros or cons going either way? thanks

Not sure how many push turbos made it onto the snow this past winter. Head a few guys saying on here they were kind of hard to get a hold of too. I know mm sports had a couple and also ran a few different kits. He would be a food guy to ask.

Have not heard boo about push all year. I'm not sure where you are riding but if northern BC is FSJ or Chetwynn area you are best to go see whatever the Cat Shack is selling and running with it is more important to have someone that can work on your sled than the kit. If you are truly in the most northern part of BC like me Lister's Motor sports is the place to go

I'd buy a kit from someone who's been business longer than a year. Also customer support is huge with a turbo kit. Top of my list would be a twister turbo.

Klimbing Kitty has it exactly right. You will be tinkering with your turbo even if you don't want to. Having someone that knows your kit will help you tons! You might really want to try to find someone around you that has a boosted sled already and talk to them if you haven't already. Someone will have a boosted sled.
When you're stuck in the mountains with your broke down turbo I know I'll be hoping someone else that has one or has worked on the same kind of turbo as me comes along.

I live in Terrace B.C. and no one has a turbo in a Cat here.
I have seen a few yam's with screaming turbo's and a broken old XP but that is it. Both the yamaha/polaris and cat dealers have never installed one. so no one has any experience with turbos. I have talked with Howies Marine in Prince George they have installed several CPC unit, but they want 8K for one installed.

any one now how long Push turbos has been in business?
has any one used or have a push system? for $3K sounds like a good deal

Thats a hard one. being a guinea pig at a shop may not be the best idea. Is there a sled shop in Stewart or Smithers? Price is not really the best way to make your decision either. You want the best you can afford for your sled. If you invest that much money in your sled you want in to last. I'm not saying Push is a bad kit by any means i've seen them at the Snow Shows but I have never seen one on the hill. Seen ton's of CUtler's, OVS's, Twisted, and Boondocker's on the hill. The guys from Twisted and OVS will always talk to you on the phone when you have questions. Your shop at the moment can't service yah so next best is who can?

nothing in Stewart, but awesome sledding area, Smithers has dealers, but no advice about turbos.
From the replys it seems a "turbo kit" is something that takes an expert to set up, that not me I want bolt on HP I don't mined some basic post install set up like clutching but don't want to have to tinker and adjust the system.
All turbo site claim bolt it on, plug and play. I guess not.
turbo may not be the way to go.
what if anything will give me a 30 to 50 HP jump?

Hey I will be coming to Terrace on my way down from up North as I have a property/trailer park that I manage in Terrace. If you have a kit I will gladly help yah with the install. Just pm me if you go this way. I will be there in October.

I think last year was the Push turbos first year. For the best customer service I'd go Ovs or twisted. Either one of those shops the guy who built and designed your kit will answer the phone and talk to you. Twisted has a new set up, tested on the snow one time, tuned in to perfection, 2010 m8 with twister turbo. Buy that sled it's your best option Imo, $16,000usd.

I think last year was the Push turbos first year. For the best customer service I'd go Ovs or twisted. Either one of those shops the guy who built and designed your kit will answer the phone and talk to you. Twisted has a new set up, tested on the snow one time, tuned in to perfection, 2010 m8 with twister turbo. Buy that sled it's your best option Imo, $16,000usd.

i agree 100%

and lets be real, push initally used a turbo oil cooler under your right side belly pan, thats ****in retarded:light:......i dont care if someon thought it was needed for the tial or not, this is dumb! i cant make plastics last half a season, how would a cooler not get punched or knocked clean off when i hit a stump?....or do most folks have a perfect looking sled at season end?

turbo

I live in Terrace B.C. and no one has a turbo in a Cat here.
I have seen a few yam's with screaming turbo's and a broken old XP but that is it. Both the yamaha/polaris and cat dealers have never installed one. so no one has any experience with turbos. I have talked with Howies Marine in Prince George they have installed several CPC unit, but they want 8K for one installed.

any one now how long Push turbos has been in business?
has any one used or have a push system? for $3K sounds like a good deal

sorry dude but there is at least two turbo cats in town m1000, and m8, phone marko in burns lake at linos. he is installing them. if you dont want to tinker or know how to clutch you will be wasting your money. gopher.

I way have worked for you. I own Sterling Electrical here in Terrace. and have done work in most parks in the area.

I am thinking of either a Twisted turbo or forgeting the turbo all together and just going with some porting and a shaved head and some major clutching. (to keep it simple)

sorry dude but there is at least two turbo cats in town m1000, and m8, phone marko in burns lake at linos. he is installing them. if you dont want to tinker or know how to clutch you will be wasting your money. gopher.

Would be nice to know who they are?
I would love to see a turbo set up.
Still don't no if a turbo is right for me.
Have heard slow spool up times, and power only at boost (heavey on troutle) which dosn't happen in trees, and even boomdocking.
limited bluebird days, most days are socked in when we have the snow, so the extra power wanted has to be at low speed, power needs to be there fast when troutle is punched but only for a second or two. I was told for this type of riding I would be better off doing some porting, heads and some major clutching and forget the turbo.
what do you think??
thanks all for the great input.

(side note, Twisted is by far the best company for answering questions and offers)

CPC slow, but responded, not sure on
PUSH, no reply? ofered new liquid cooled kit for $3k and haven't heard from him since, I could only imagine if I needed help or a repair.
OVS, dealr rep called, OK
twisted Great,

I picked up an ovs m8 this year and have called Garr around 5 or 6 times with questions on various what to expect things and he has been great and very helpfull. Just an FYI.

there is a reason CPC costs a bit more!

I have done a lot of research on turbos for my m8, twisted i liked but i wanted to keep my oil injection
BD i liked cause there was lots of them out there so setups would be easier to come across, however after checking out Cutlers kit it was clearly the best choice, heres why:
-the only cold air intake the rest of the kits suck underhood air
-runs a silencer off the turbo out the stock exhaust outlet, sounds like a stocker with a can.
-Dale Cutler himself called me and we discussed my needs in a turbo kit, we chatted for two hours before i purchase the stage 3 kit, during install (did it myself...first one ever), I had a few questions, Dale guided me through with a smile.
I was treated so well, whenever I need something Cat, I buy everything from Cutlers (CPC) and get it shipped to Edmonton...
So talk to Dale at CPC, if you ship your sled south to Blairmore, AB Brent Linderman will install it (Big Dog Shootout winner, many times)

B

I have done a lot of research on turbos for my m8, twisted i liked but i wanted to keep my oil injection
BD i liked cause there was lots of them out there so setups would be easier to come across, however after checking out Cutlers kit it was clearly the best choice, heres why:
-the only cold air intake the rest of the kits suck underhood air
-runs a silencer off the turbo out the stock exhaust outlet, sounds like a stocker with a can.
-Dale Cutler himself called me and we discussed my needs in a turbo kit, we chatted for two hours before i purchase the stage 3 kit, during install (did it myself...first one ever), I had a few questions, Dale guided me through with a smile.
I was treated so well, whenever I need something Cat, I buy everything from Cutlers (CPC) and get it shipped to Edmonton...
So talk to Dale at CPC, if you ship your sled south to Blairmore, AB Brent Linderman will install it (Big Dog Shootout winner, many times)

B

I agree completely. I did a ton of research before I bought my turbo kit. I couldn't be happier with my CPC kit!

I am installing my CPC stage 2 kit as we speak. The kit is awesome, clean and not hard to install.

Mavrick, the CPC also has an upgraded fuel pump which replaces the stock fuel pump. It also includes a high volume oil pump. They even include a wiring harness for the new fuel pump. Cutler has been playing with turbos since the 90's. I saw one puch kit on the hillls and they were messing with it all day.

The Cutler kit comes with EVERYTHING you need even clutching. You just need AFR/EGT gauges. Do a little more research, it says right on the cutler web site that there is an upgraded fuel pump, like the push. And the Cutler kit also cools the turbo with water....I just hooked up the hoses yesterday.

And a buddies Boondocker kit had to run about 1.5-2 psi more boost to run neck and neck with the Cutler kit. The CPC cold air intake brings in much denser air than the underhood intakes on the other kits.

Go Cutler and you can't go wrong.

Premium Features

Back