• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Couture vs. Lesnar ITS OFFICIAL!!!!

C
I'm just glad Randys back in the UFC. I'm surprized that they gave Lesnar a title fight with that record. I know why they did it, I just think guys like Chiek Congo deserve a chance before Lesnar but I guess you give the people what they want hey?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Brocks comments on Fedor.....

It was announced today that UFC Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture will finally return to the UFC and he will be returning to face former WWE Superstar and UFC newcomer Brock Lesnar on November 15th for the Title in Las Vegas.

During the conference call to announce the match up, Lesnar was questioned about the number one ranked heavyweight in the world, Fedor Emelianenko and his response was an explosive one.

"Who gives a **** about Fedor Emelianenko?" Lesnar started "I'm sick and tired of sitting on the phone listening about Fedor. Who f***ing gives a ****?".

With one line, Lesnar could possibly have become one of the most hated men in MMA. Fedor is beloved by fans and quite a few people do give a **** for about the "Last Emperor".

Lesnar (2-1) is already a huge draw for the UFC and with the announced match up with Couture set, the two men could possible put on the biggest UFC in the history of the company. Although it may seem undeserving, for a rookie such as Lesnar to get a crack at the title, it is no surprise that this fight was announced as this is a money making buisness and this is a money making fight.

UFC President Dana White was very confident in the numbers this card could do.

"I expect 1 million to 1.5 million buys for this PPV. This will be the biggest fight in UFC history."

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
As much as I really like the novelty of Lesnar, I think he's gonna get spanked BAD! Unless he comes up with a lucky punch or two. He's just incredably out classed against Randy.

As for Fedor - I'm not so sure he's gonna rock the house like everyone thinks in the UFC. Look at what happened with Cro Cop.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Brocks comments on Fedor.....

It was announced today that UFC Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture will finally return to the UFC and he will be returning to face former WWE Superstar and UFC newcomer Brock Lesnar on November 15th for the Title in Las Vegas.

During the conference call to announce the match up, Lesnar was questioned about the number one ranked heavyweight in the world, Fedor Emelianenko and his response was an explosive one.

"Who gives a **** about Fedor Emelianenko?" Lesnar started "I'm sick and tired of sitting on the phone listening about Fedor. Who f***ing gives a ****?".

With one line, Lesnar could possibly have become one of the most hated men in MMA. Fedor is beloved by fans and quite a few people do give a **** for about the "Last Emperor".

Lesnar (2-1) is already a huge draw for the UFC and with the announced match up with Couture set, the two men could possible put on the biggest UFC in the history of the company. Although it may seem undeserving, for a rookie such as Lesnar to get a crack at the title, it is no surprise that this fight was announced as this is a money making buisness and this is a money making fight.

UFC President Dana White was very confident in the numbers this card could do.

"I expect 1 million to 1.5 million buys for this PPV. This will be the biggest fight in UFC history."

And who thinks Brock Lesnar isn't the best thing for the UFC? Me thinks not. It might turn out to be that Brock Lesnar isn't the best thing for Brock Lesnar. I was a fan of him when he wrestled in college, but I find myself liking him less and less. Maybe he's carrying the load for me. I saw a link to his Myspace page a while back on a thread. What a peniz.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
And who thinks Brock Lesnar isn't the best thing for the UFC? Me thinks not. It might turn out to be that Brock Lesnar isn't the best thing for Brock Lesnar. I was a fan of him when he wrestled in college, but I find myself liking him less and less. Maybe he's carrying the load for me. I saw a link to his Myspace page a while back on a thread. What a peniz.

No doubt, he has an ego the size of Texas, but he has the physical tools to back it up.

I truly think Dana & the UFC wants Brock to be over the top obnoxious.
His mouth alone sells tons of PPV subscriptions!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he comes back to Webster & leads bible study, but he really isn't as brash as he comes across in the press confrences.

Will he win?
Will he get his azz handed to him?

Well, thats why we pay the $50 to see the fight!:beer;

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
I cant believe that Lesnar is getting a shot at Couture so early in his UFC career, but the heavy weight division is a bit weak
I'm pretty sure Couture cut a deal so he could get out of a contract he didn't like and he can flip Dana the bird and make a billion in a PPV with Fedor.
I hear Tito is negotiating with UFC again, i thought he was done with them

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
No doubt, he has an ego the size of Texas, but he has the physical tools to back it up.

I truly think Dana & the UFC wants Brock to be over the top obnoxious.
His mouth alone sells tons of PPV subscriptions!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he comes back to Webster & leads bible study, but he really isn't as brash as he comes across in the press confrences.

Will he win?
Will he get his azz handed to him?

Well, thats why we pay the $50 to see the fight!:beer;

Yep, it's all for the Hype.

But just hearing Couture and Emelianenko names in the same sentence gets me, fired up!

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
1. Tito's a washed up chump that fought soup cans his whole career and I'm tired of even reading the tool's name.
2. Randy is going to school lesner in the game of wresling and stamina.
3. Fedor's a stud, both would have a f uck of a time with him, Lesner doesnt have the intestinal fortitude to fight a brute like Fedor and I'm afraid Randy doesnt have the strength to control Fedor either ?

Anyone's got a punchers chance ?

:beer;:beer;:beer;

U

U turn

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ardrossan, AB
Looking forward to this fight. Randy all the way. If it goes to the judges card I'll be disappointed and wondering if the fix was in.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
wow sure are alot of confident people in randy...he beat timmy,which is not impressive...gonzaga fight was good,but if gonzaga hadnt broken his nose(when his knee hit his face on a takedown) the out come may have been different..i just cant see randy taking this one,brock is bigger ,faster,stronger,randy has better subs where brock is still green there..i doubt randy can ko brock,and i doubt he can gnp him or sub him...his only hope is dragging it out for 5 and out point brock..im not pulling for either ,but hopeing for a great fight..i dont think either would hang with fedor,but lets hope the ufc can lure him over same with fedors brother

M
Nov 26, 2007
MI
I hope Lesner get's his azz whooped. Then he can take his staged wrestling mentality back to the WWE. MMA doesn't need a character like that! :mad:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Ditchbanger,

Bigger, Faster Stronger or not....I think Randy is a master at fight plans. Brock is JUST seeing the tip if the iceberg.

BTW, yeah, Alexander E. is tough too.
I preface this link by reminding you that this is ONLY James Thompson. LOL
http://media.putfile.com/PrideFight

Premium Features