• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coupled Switchback suspension mod

S
Dec 8, 2010
Hey there, I'm riding my 08 Dragon switchback 700 136 and I am wondering if there is a fairly low cost way to change the coupled suspension to uncoupled. I can't simply remove the rear blocks behind the rear scissor because the bolt that runs through the scissor arm wont clear between the rails. The RMK has a much narrower scissor arm. Will the RMK scissor bolt up to the Switchy chassis? Has anyone uncoupled this sled or know of a safe and economical way to do this? I am lucky to get to the mountains once or twice a year so I don't really want anything longer than my 136. Mostly ditchbanger riding but I'd like the ability to dangle the skis better. My limiter strap is already let out and I am not worried about losing trail handling. Thanks for any input.

T

tomlee76

Nov 30, 2007
Bedford NH
Was going to swap my 09 SB dragon for an Assualt but rode it this weekend and don't really want that much of a work out every time I ride the thing. I am looking to perhaps do the same thing you are looking to do, I dont see any real reason why it wouldnt work, but time will tell. If its just the rear arm assemblies it should not be that bad. Also thinking of finding a take off Assault rear suspension but I don't like my chances of finding one that has not been absolutely hammered on. I love the trail manners of the SB but we ride more and more off trail every year and don't really want to blow 12K on something to bang thru the trees. Hopefully someone will chime in that has already done something like this. I will do some research and let you know if I come up with anything.

Premium Features