• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Compare

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a sled 2013-17. Purpose for my question is I'm new and don't have a well rounded advice pool around me. My pool says buy a Polaris you'll never regret the decision..... well Artic Cat speaks to me I like them. Why? Ihave no idea, I have No solid reason why. Please hammer out reasons Polaris is king, why artic cat is better than skidoo and so on. I will be riding in Washington State mountain country, PNW. What kind of riding??? Great question, groomed, hill climbs and some trees. Thanks in advance

If you are new you won't really be able to tell a difference other than obvious setup stuff. Get what will be reliable and let you have fun. If you buy a 3000 mile 2013 Pro RMK you will be soured on the experience. Seen it a few times, guy thinks he got a good deal, then has to cough up $4000 for an engine for a sled that is worth $3000 within the first hundred miles. And I am not just bashing Poo, I wouldn't ever want to have a high mileage Doo, the repair costs on a Doo are ridiculous, for everything. I hate the Cat chassis, but if I were to buy a 13-17 sled and want reliability, it would be Cat. Tater's 16 600 has been reliable as heck for 3 years, 3000 miles. When I actually rode it for a while last year when we switched sleds, I felt bad. The handling was horrid. Shock setup, it was a pre-production magazine shoot sled. But guess what? It didn't matter, he had a blast every time he rode it, it made him a better rider, and we never towed him out. If he would have had to spend the night, or have a horrible tow, it would have spoiled the sport for him as a new rider. Rant over, need a beer. :)

Premium Features

Back