• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Code p1600/1603

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
Anyone else lose their hand and thumb warmers and get these codes?

Yes. I hit a tree with my throttle block...block slid into my grip and stretched the wires out...ripped hadwarm wires from plug....and unplugged my thumbwarmer wire frombharness. P1600 appeared on screen shortly after :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
My codes came after hitting the kill switch and pulling back up real quick, cruising at 50mph.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
if your kill it moved to far forwarded it is too close to the throttle block and pinches the wire to the hand and or thumb warmer when you try to kill the sled with the kill button. move the kill button to more of the center of the bars and up to the mountain bar.

E-Storm

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Monroe, WA
I saw a thread on here somewhere that shifting to reverse and forward again clears the codes and gets the heaters working again, and that also works on my sled but doesn’t permanently solve the issue. In combination with this, the LED headlights are very dim and erratic. Anyone else experienced this issue? I’ve chased the wiring harness, swapped voltage regulator, stator, ECM, and cowl w/ headlight assembly without any results.

S
Jan 21, 2023
Michigan
I saw a thread on here somewhere that shifting to reverse and forward again clears the codes and gets the heaters working again, and that also works on my sled but doesn’t permanently solve the issue. In combination with this, the LED headlights are very dim and erratic. Anyone else experienced this issue? I’ve chased the wiring harness, swapped voltage regulator, stator, ECM, and cowl w/ headlight assembly without any results.
Hi E-Storm did you ever solve this issue? My 2021 Riot is doing the same exact thing.
Thanks

E-Storm

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Monroe, WA
Hi Shawn. I finally resolved the issue by replacing the main wiring harness. I’ve kept the old harness to pinpoint the location and reason for the issue, but I haven’t unwrapped it yet, to chase down which part of the nearness has the problem.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I noticed my thumb warmer epoxy is starting to break loose from the plastic flipper. I suppose I'll have to break down and buy a new one and swap it over the summer with my new bars.

Premium Features