• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching for 2017 Axys 163" 3" with SLP pipe and can

K
Nov 16, 2014
I was looking for suggestions for clutch weights at 6000' to 8000' and as well 2500' to 3500' with stock clutches? And if there will and any changes if I replace the chain case with belt drive? Any insight is much appreciated.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Sorry if it sounds like i am pushing Carls Cycle Sales, but . . . :)

They do have a perfectly matched clutching kit for the 16 - 17 AXYS with the SLP pipe and can. I know it works personally. There may be others out there that work well too . . .i dont know, but i DO know theirs works VERY well. 208-853-5550 is their number. Call and "pick their brain" a little.

Cheers!

J
Nov 17, 2016
www.mdsclutching.com

I'll chime in for Steve at MDS clutching knows his stuff on the Axys check him out and call him Money back Guarantee says a lot.

B
Dec 18, 2007
I just did a stage 3 install in a 155" 3" and ran their reccomeded clutching that came with the kit. Rode machine at 6-7000 ft and it banged 8250 all day long responded awesome and made great ground speed. Went from 64g to 72! If I was doing a stage 2 tomorrow I'd run what they say to run. Was super impressed.

Cheers!
LL

SLP

Premium Member
Just another bit of information for you guys about some new clutching we just released:

With the new SLP Magnum Force weights you get ultimate shift force and adjustability. Tuning with these new weights is a breeze, you don't even have to pull the weights to adjust them. Just rotate the clutch to each weight and insert the desired set screws and lock set then you're ready to ride!

40-150.jpg

Premium Features