• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Balancer - Yes/No????

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I am considering buying a clutch balancer. I would like to hear from any of you who have experience with one and do you feel it is a good enough benefit for the $500 or so to set one up.

It seems like the more I read the more I am starting to believe that most crank end bearing failures are actaully the result of poor clutch maint. and resulting vibration. This seems especially true with the late 90's and early 2000 sleds.

This is the one I have looked at after a search http://www.magna-matic.com/balancers/mag7000/index.html, Is a balanced clutch a big deal or not, are OEM close enough, is there a better balancer? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks. EW

PS How do you name the link like in the old forum?

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
for about 30 bucks you can send it off and have it balanced. slp does it, as do numerous other on here. they have better equipment...... for the 450, you could have quite a few balanced. i do mine every year.

Premium Features