• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cle Elum man takes thousands of dollars from public funds/Snopark

TS Drag Racer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wa. st
The courts slap these thieves on the hands, rather than cutting them off these days and there in lays the problem. That and the fact to many are all about me, meself, and I rather than being considerate of others. We now live in an entitlement society, it's just become pathetic.............

T
Jan 20, 2011
Cle Elum, Wa
This is getting crazy. Thieves should be dealt with by the public instead of our horribly twisted justice system. All of the honest people around work hard to support our families and community. ...only for idiots like this to make it all for nothing. Thieves should be shot

Reactions: n16ht5
T
Jan 20, 2011
Cle Elum, Wa
Agreed. Dui is a mistake. ...bad decision on his part but doesn't make him a bad person. We all make mistakes. But most of us don't decide to take stuff from innocent people and businesses. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to catch someone trying to steal from my shop some day; )

Reactions: Lake Cle Elum
S
Dec 12, 2013
This is getting crazy. Thieves should be dealt with by the public instead of our horribly twisted justice system. All of the honest people around work hard to support our families and community. ...only for idiots like this to make it all for nothing. Thieves should be shot

It is a shame for sure. Now our Governor is proposing MORE of a slap on the wrist method when dealing with "property crimes" in other words thieves. To keep the prison populations down he wants to educate them and let them know what they did was bad without costing the state any money by not even putting them in jail. You want to save money Governor how about a 50 cent bullet to deal with these folks. Bleeding heart morons.

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
Uuummmm????

Seems like people forgot what started this thread…$5500 OF OUR SNOWMOBILE MONEY STOLEN!!! How do we get it back?? WE DONT AND WE WONT. Who cares about a mayor getting a DUI? Not me, what I care about is the money that was stolen from us which we will NEVER get back!!

Only been sledding for a few years now but seems like every year we hear about this BS and I'm getting tired of it especially when I even cough up a little extra on my tabs for grooming and "improvements" then hear about this? Come on!!

Continue on I am stepping off my soap box, now let's all pray for more snow then what's forecasted!!

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
If they hired a known criminal with a history of theft I would say that the missing funds should not be a liability to providing service.

The mayor post was only to demonstrate that for a small town they sure have a high profile people in the community that require legal service from local lawyers. If you are a lawyer you hear the cash machine ringing....

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
! How do we get it back?? WE DONT AND WE WONT. Who cares about a mayor getting a DUI? Not me, what I care about is the money that was stolen from us which we will NEVER get back!!!

I think the latest I heard is that all but $642 has been paid back to date.
I think this thief thought the Kitttitas County Park Park and Rec. board was going to be disbanded due to lack of funding (This has been threatened many times)......Just a guess, but he probably figured people would forget about the money donated....Thankfully, some very dedicated local WSSA Officers were keeping an eye on things.....

K
Nov 26, 2007
Cle Elum, Wa
Agreed. Dui is a mistake. ...bad decision on his part but doesn't make him a bad person. We all make mistakes. But most of us don't decide to take stuff from innocent people and businesses. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to catch someone trying to steal from my shop some day; )

I would hate to be that guy. He would be in a world of hurt! And in Cle Elum's defense Parker was from Ronald :second:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

While I agree with you and would NEVER condone theft, too many drunk drivers steal innocent people from Families. IMO, DUI is just as bad as the thieves that steal from us honest, hard working people.

T
Jan 20, 2011
Cle Elum, Wa
Ya dui is TERRIBLE. My only point is that dui is usually a really dumb mistake. Theft is usually pre meditated. ...especially in situations like these. The people are planning ahead on how they're going to screw over everyone else.

M

MarcJon

Nov 7, 2014
Yakima Area
When you see the carnage I see at the emergency room from drunk drivers, you kind of have a different perspective. The lives they destroy and families they devastate are in my unsolicited opinion (IMUO) well beyond that of a common thief. They take theft to a hole new level; loss of a limb (no more hand to run that throttle with), livelihood (no job to make the money to support that sledding habit), or life altogether! Keeping in mind that we didn't just discover that driving drunk is not a good combination! We've known for decades, advertise it all over, offer free or reduced rate rides home and it still happens. Just some passing thoughts I had about the DUI side topic we have going on here. Not trying to cause trouble or hurt feelings. Cheers!! Marc

T
Jan 20, 2011
Cle Elum, Wa
I hear ya. ...i guess it's not really something you can classify into a general topic. It's one thing if someone blows a .09 and never had it happen before. If you're completely hammered and decide to drive home. ...that's way more than a mistake. The possible repurcussions of that are far worse than anything a thief could do. That being said, i have no idea about the situation surrounding the mayor's dui. I just hope the justice system gets things right this time around and that everyone gets the punishment they deserve.

Premium Features