• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Christmas Holiday Condition, Black Hills

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
4 inches of good heavy snow fell this morning on most areas I was at today. Windy enough to cause some drifting so you should be able to find some deeper windblown powder in spots. Traffic is still fairly heavy. Groomers are out tonight hitting the high traffic areas. South Trails are getting to be pretty good, off trail is getting better. My Skidoo patrol sled went down Thursday, found out today the ring spun and caught the exhaust port.

S

sheeban

Dec 12, 2010
Newcastle, Wy
Rode Saturday and had a blast went from Buckhorn to cement ridge and found good snow was able to play in some medowS with knee deep Pow. Another good snow and off trail riding will be getting close.

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
Just as posted up above, snow is knee deep in most medows, but you can find deeper in drifted and shaded areas. As for conditions at this point in time we have as much snow now as we had the 8th of December last year. But as my dad was telling me, they use to come out and ride the hills when they had just as much snow if not less then what we have now. Like what was just posted the off trail will get good once we get another 2-3ft. but lets not sell ourselves short and pray for 4 instead! :face-icon-small-coo

hope all that came out for the holidays had a great time riding the hills, and as we go into the new year those of us out here will keep you up to date on the snow so that your 4-6hr. drive, and your hard earned $ will be worth every minute on the snow!

Premium Features