• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ceramic coating pipes in AK

G
Nov 27, 2007
Anyone around the Anchorage area ceramic coat pipes down there and do a good job? Looking to have it done. I'm in FBKS. I had someone do it here and it all flaked off on the first ride once it got hot. Then they sandblasted a nice hole for me also before giving it back to me.

Thanks,

GS

B
Feb 28, 2008
wasilla
Anyone around the Anchorage area ceramic coat pipes down there and do a good job? Looking to have it done. I'm in FBKS. I had someone do it here and it all flaked off on the first ride once it got hot. Then they sandblasted a nice hole for me also before giving it back to me.

Thanks,

GS

try advanced powder coating in wasilla, talk to mark , he should give you a good deal(snowwest discount).located on parks hwy coming in from fairbanks he will be on your right side right after big lake turnoff. you should see his shop off the road.

R
MYTOYS, what kind of price did they give you for your pipe? I called them last week and talked to some guy who sounded like he hated his job and he told me $40 for the y-pipe, $40 for the can, and $500 for the single pipe! The can and y-pipe are reasonably priced, but $500 for a single pipe!? That sounded like a rip-off to me.... So just curious to see what everyone else is paying there...

A
Dec 4, 2007
ALASKA
MYTOYS, what kind of price did they give you for your pipe? I called them last week and talked to some guy who sounded like he hated his job and he told me $40 for the y-pipe, $40 for the can, and $500 for the single pipe! The can and y-pipe are reasonably priced, but $500 for a single pipe!? That sounded like a rip-off to me.... So just curious to see what everyone else is paying there...

I had my Y pipe and pipe done there for $120, I think you heard them wrong or he was pullin your leg.

S

Skidmarks

Oct 19, 2001
Willow, Alaska
Hey, our prices on Cermakrome pipes. $110.00 per pipe, Y $30.00, & the can $30.00/$40.00.
Stop on by & I'll be glad to show ya around. Mark

S

Skidmarks

Oct 19, 2001
Willow, Alaska
Yes, all prep & blasting. We first burn out all oil & contamiates in the pipe, then rough blast with 40/60 green dimond media. We then try to get all the factory weld splater off, then hand sand with 180 grit paper, then media blast again with 120 grit aluim. oxide. I also check for any cracks or nessesary welding that needs done. Smaller cracks & touch-up welding (Tig process) are free. After this is done, we put a ceramic insulator inside the pipe to hold heat in it. Lastly, we put two coats of Cermakrome on the outside. It is then baked at 500 degress for 1 hour, then put into a vibratory polisher for 20 minutes. Lastly we hand buff with aluminum polish (with Mothers Aluminum Polish). A lot of works goes into each pipe.
I hope this explains it all but if you have any further questions please call. We give a 10% discount to all Snowest Memeber.
Think Snow!!!!
Mark

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
Yes, all prep & blasting. We first burn out all oil & contamiates in the pipe, then rough blast with 40/60 green dimond media. We then try to get all the factory weld splater off, then hand sand with 180 grit paper, then media blast again with 120 grit aluim. oxide. I also check for any cracks or nessesary welding that needs done. Smaller cracks & touch-up welding (Tig process) are free. After this is done, we put a ceramic insulator inside the pipe to hold heat in it. Lastly, we put two coats of Cermakrome on the outside. It is then baked at 500 degress for 1 hour, then put into a vibratory polisher for 20 minutes. Lastly we hand buff with aluminum polish (with Mothers Aluminum Polish). A lot of works goes into each pipe.
I hope this explains it all but if you have any further questions please call. We give a 10% discount to all Snowest Memeber.
Think Snow!!!!
Mark

thats ALOT of work for 30 / 40 / 110 bucks ,

i had some wheels powdercoated 2 summers ago and it was top notch work !:)

R
Thanks for the reply Mark, I don't know who told me 500 for just the pipe over the phone, maybe he was pulling my leg but anyhow, I'll be making it up your way from ER in a week or so to drop it all off.

My pipe and can has already been blasted just has a few spots here and there that need some touching up and some pitting from all the rust that was previously there... but most of the prep i think is all done. .. See ya in a week or 2

Oct 13, 2008
Think Snow!!!!
Mark

how much to powder coat a-arms and spindles a color?

Premium Features