• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Central California

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
thought i'd start a thread for the middle-regions of the state. above bass lake, near the southern border of YNP, we rode on good, dry pow last sunday. about 2 feet at 7500 and deeper the higher up we went. it was super cold here all week with virtually NO melt off. team summit will be logging a couple of mid-week rides this week if the storms come in as advertised. probably wednesday and friday.

jeff

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
thought i'd start a thread for the middle-regions of the state. above bass lake, near the southern border of YNP, we rode on good, dry pow last sunday. about 2 feet at 7500 and deeper the higher up we went. it was super cold here all week with virtually NO melt off. team summit will be logging a couple of mid-week rides this week if the storms come in as advertised. probably wednesday and friday.

jeff

Good to know you have snow ... at least for the roads.

Has anyone been to Ebbetts Pass?

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
just got off the phone with edge...all the boys rode today (i had to work!).

he said only about 3 inches of new snow...don't come to central cali to ride...lots of rocks, asphalt everywhere. LOL!

actually, they reported 4 feet of pow at 8,000 feet. they were plowin' snow downhill over the handlebars. we got friggen hammered here yesterday. it rained almost 2 inches in fresno in 24 hours. more tonight and a BIG ride on friday...c'mon.

jeff

S
Nov 26, 2007
Rode out of Tamarack snopark today. Over 30" new snow at the snopark. Well over 3' on the way into Bald Mountain. Showered you over the windshield every time you let off the throttle. Absolutely great day, It's good to ride again

S

SnowBound

Nov 26, 2007
Central California
moflowvents.com
Where are you going to ride on friday Jlowe. Anyone riding up at bass lake on Saturday. I have a newbie that wants to ride on saturday im trying to discourage him from all the pow. Its going to be deep! I like riding more then I do babysitting.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
J.Lowe...weather permitting, we may take a run up to Huntington on Monday...just me, my cousin, brother and a couple of guys(small group). If you want to come, I can show you the best I know up there.

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
hey snowbound...good call on ditchin' the newbie. save those days for hero snow and spring sunshine.

we're riding above bass lake on friday (an probably saturday too) from beasore road.

the guys hit area-51, chillkoot and little shuteye today. area-51 was uber-deep they said. that's north facing stuff pushing 9K and is always deeper than anywhere else.

we're bangin' out early on friday.

oberti...i'm a no-go for monday...i'll call you tomorrow.

jeff

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
had a great ride yesterday (friday). we had about 12 guys hit the fresh pow above bass lake...ashbrook and danny from shaver lake power center brought their big turbos...an apex and an RMK dragon. both ran incredible. the snow was super deep and dry...lots of stucks. LOL!!

we had about 4 feet up on top...went to area-51 to try and get some hillclimbing in...bad idea. not enough base and lots of rock strikes. the turbo dragon was making a sweet pull and hit a rock. destroyed the big wheels and bent both rails. pretty ugly.

i got some good shots for ELEVATION 4 in HD...dunbar carving some deep pow...awesome shot...gardiner and phatty will be proud!

over all, great ride...incredible snow...hatcher, jonesy and dunbar are back up today...me, biggie and the hero will head back up tomorrow.

jeff

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
our 'home' turf is the sierra national forest south of yosemite and north of the san joaquin river basin. we stage from beasore road above bass lake (about an hour out of fresno). mostly logging roads and meadows but with lots of hidden hillclimbing areas...best if you go with someone who knows the areas (or just follow tracks). we boondock to most of the hillclimb areas since the roads don't really take you there...plus, its a lot more fun! :)

but if you just come up and ride on your own, you'll have a great time.

jeff

our 'home' turf is the sierra national forest south of yosemite and north of the san joaquin river basin. we stage from beasore road above bass lake (about an hour out of fresno). mostly logging roads and meadows but with lots of hidden hillclimbing areas...best if you go with someone who knows the areas (or just follow tracks). we boondock to most of the hillclimb areas since the roads don't really take you there...plus, its a lot more fun! :)

but if you just come up and ride on your own, you'll have a great time.

jeff

Thanks for the beta, much appreciated. I'm definitely looking forward to getting up that way, trying out some new spots. Hopefully I'll run into you guys sometime. I may head up tomorrow, is it pretty far out beasore road? Think it would be worth the 3-4 hour drive?

Tommy

Last edited:
S

SnowBound

Nov 26, 2007
Central California
moflowvents.com
We rode at area 51 today. Thanks for breaking a trail. The rocks were fabulous. I now have some nice rips in my track and a banged up idler. Its all fun and games till someone gets stuck for an hour and has to hike out while someone else rides there sled out. Overall great day, the powder fields out there were nice and deep. Chilcoot lake was fun stuff. We still need more snow, alot more.

W
Nov 26, 2007
Shaver Lake, CA
www.westcoastsleds.com
Dragon Repairs

Probably going to ditch the fabcraft rear (since its junk now)and install the new easyride after fridays ride. 162" Rails on back order. Team summit ride was good. Looking for more snow to realy test the turbo's.
After blowing the driveling on the truck,braking the cables on my HMK boots,Busting the Rails on Dannys Dragon, Track ratchiting on the Turbo Apex....... O , Yes I was stuck for 2 hours trying to leave with 2-wheel drive in my truck...............

I need a fu***king BEER !!!!

Next time will be better.

Thanks guys.:face-icon-small-fro:(

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
sean...totally bummed about your day man. :( your apex was rippin'...can't wait to see it when you get it dialed.

also, sorry for danny. that turbo dragon was impressive.

i'm heading up today to ride with the boy. biggie is bringing his kid too and i think dunbar is going. we're going to head up around noon.

hey snobound...did you go in via the road or the backside drop in toward iron lakes?

jeff

M

mtnrider406

Dec 2, 2007
rexford mt
jlowe props on the bang up job you guys are doin with the filming!!! Hey if you guys ever make it up to MT let me know were up here in the northwest corner right on the canadian border lots of good climbn and boondockn!! Got about 6' now hopefully more on the way!!! hope yu all have a merry christmas!!!!

Premium Features