• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Catalyst Rear Suspension mounting hole measurement

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Please post this delicious info if you are able. Thanksabuncha

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I've pretty much assembled enough parts for two twins for next year's cat.
Was pricing out a third earlier today
All used parts but I'll buy all new bushings
Just don't know what color to make em yet
I heard the new front arm is a bit longer which isn't a big deal since they are all steel parts

Think I got another lynx track locked in at a high price too

Looked like there's some Polaris series 9s available for $1860 5418541

R
Feb 26, 2008
I've pretty much assembled enough parts for two twins for next year's cat.
Was pricing out a third earlier today
All used parts but I'll buy all new bushings
Just don't know what color to make em yet
I heard the new front arm is a bit longer which isn't a big deal since they are all steel parts

Think I got another lynx track locked in at a high price too

Looked like there's some Polaris series 9s available for $1860 5418541

Youre gonna regret wasting your time.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I need to do the rear suspension mod on the alpha to get it to handle the way i want. The mod where you put a twin rail under it.
After 1 ride I sold the Alpha suspension, drivers and track and put a twin rail in. Alpha schmalfa

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I gave the Alpha a season before switching to a twin rail elevate. There are more pros than cons with less traction the biggest con. This was on a 154/153 setup. There were two primary reasons that pushed me to make the switch:

1 - at my current age I don’t move as fast as I use to. The 154 Ascender Alpha reacts two quickly for my old ass!

2 - I spend a lot of my riding day following buddies throw tight trees. The alpha likes to make its own tracks and for me is way more work following a cut line in the thick. This is probably directly related to reason 1 above.

If I was in my 20s to late 30s I would have never given up the traction of the Alpha, no way!

With that said, I’m most likely ordering a 858 165 for next season. I will give it a sold season before making a decision to change to a twin. Even if AC offers a twin rail as an order option, I’m giving the Alpha an honest try in this new chassis. The traction is that good. Plus, it seams like a lot of the media and test riders that truly disliked the ascender alpha setup don’t have the same distaste for the catalyst. We will see. I can’t wait to hear all the consumer ride reports this winter. Damn it - it needs to start dumping! 😁

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I gave the Alpha a season before switching to a twin rail elevate. There are more pros than cons with less traction the biggest con. This was on a 154/153 setup. There were two primary reasons that pushed me to make the switch:

1 - at my current age I don’t move as fast as I use to. The 154 Ascender Alpha reacts two quickly for my old ass!

2 - I spend a lot of my riding day following buddies throw tight trees. The alpha likes to make its own tracks and for me is way more work following a cut line in the thick. This is probably directly related to reason 1 above.

If I was in my 20s to late 30s I would have never given up the traction of the Alpha, no way!

With that said, I’m most likely ordering a 858 165 for next season. I will give it a sold season before making a decision to change to a twin. Even if AC offers a twin rail as an order option, I’m giving the Alpha an honest try in this new chassis. The traction is that good. Plus, it seams like a lot of the media and test riders that truly disliked the ascender alpha setup don’t have the same distaste for the catalyst. We will see. I can’t wait to hear all the consumer ride reports this winter. Damn it - it needs to start dumping! 😁
Come down and you can try my daughter's 600 and see for yourself

Premium Features