• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carbon fiber rear suspension with ti arms.

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
We just finished making our new rear carbon fiber/ti arms and bolts skid for a RMK Polaris 155. Total weight savings is just under 13 lbs...I have pictures on our Patrick Custom Carbon Facebook site. The total rear suspension only weights 29 lbs 10 oz oz with Fox Shocks ready to bolt in with 4 ti bolts to tunnel.

TJ

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
Thanks for posting the picture. I will try and load some later, I am not the best on computer stuff..

TJ

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
I am working on pricing with Polaris for all the parts other than the rails. I am openly selling it as a complete suspension. I can not separate just rails. The rails are wider so the stock parts will not work, none of them. All need to machined to fit. It will be just 4 bolts and put into sled. I will offer it less shocks and you can use your stock shocks, it adds 3 lbs to the kit over the Fox Brandt shocks.

TJ

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Will you be offering this with the new AXYS rear geometry?

This plus a Ti can would make an AXYS.... >380lbs... Crazy.

Add some Carbon body panels... delete this and that... Ti front etc... 350 easy.

And all the doubters thought a "sub 400# Wet Weight Ready to Ride Sled" was impossible when I said I was building a few of them a few years ago. :frusty::frusty::frusty:

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
And all the doubters thought a "sub 400# Wet Weight Ready to Ride Sled" was impossible when I said I was building a few of them a few years ago. :frusty::frusty::frusty:

There going to be super upset when we go for 350lb or 299lb then.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
We just finished making our new rear carbon fiber/ti arms and bolts skid for a RMK Polaris 155. Total weight savings is just under 13 lbs...I have pictures on our Patrick Custom Carbon Facebook site. The total rear suspension only weights 29 lbs 10 oz oz with Fox Shocks ready to bolt in with 4 ti bolts to tunnel.

TJ

what's crazy is there's probably another 10+oz you could pull out of your suspension too!

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Man this gives me some major Sunday evening wood!! I would guess the price will give me a serious case of ED. Either way, I have something to dream about for a lot of days.

Didn't they shave weight out of Axys rear skid?? Wonder how much lighter this is than that?

What about sleds with anti ratchets and anti stab wheels? Just cut the rails like usual?

Last edited:

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
IMG_8572.jpg

IMG_8574.jpg

IMG_8577.jpg

We also made our carbon fiber rails the same as the 2016 Axys rail with 3" off the end of the rail to reduce drag.

We can use the same rail for the 2016 Axys by moving the holes in the rails.

TJ

Premium Features