• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carbon fiber helmet?

This is from my lady's helmet. Our helmets are a few years old but I would assume they are still made by Airoh.

IMG_20220820_211438_557.jpg

Tobe helmets are rebranded Airohs.

Based on a little research i did . . . makes me wonder if Tobe may not actually be a rebranded Airoh . . .?

The TOBE weighs 1240 grams (2.73 lbs), and the AIROH weighs 950 grams (2.09 lbs).

So the TOBE weighs roughly 30% more than the AIROH.

I'm not sure. I haven't looked into it past the tab on the helmets. Out of all the helmets it's been the lightest and the most comfortable. If the Airoh is lighter and is just as comfortable that would be a helmet to keep for a loonngg time.

I have one of these:

FXR HELIUM CARBON HELMET WITH D-RING

$420 and weighs 1200 grams.

Have had it 3 seasons. Great helmet.

They make a version without d- rings too.

The Tobe helmets may have been the Aviator in the past, but I think now they're the Stryker.

Edit: Previously the Tobe helmets were the same as the Airoh Terminator

Last edited:
Do you find the AIROH sizing to run about a size smaller, like alot of people are saying?

For me they are slightly smaller, but not a full size ....so I do not size down.

You can measure your head and see what size will fit you best.

from Airoh site

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 8.01.24 PM.png

Motorfist had a light carbon that is physically smaller than any brand. Right around 900 to1000gr i think. Love mine but they stopped making them?

Alright now I've made my mind up on the 509 Altitude 2.0 carbon fiber because of the vents that can be open and closed and the fidlock chin strap is pretty cool too, but no one has a XL in stock so I'm just going to pre order and wait. Thanks guys for all the advise
Good choice, I love mine.

Just1 carbon fiber is amazing. There are lighter helmets out there, the the low slung height gives it a lower cg and for me has been amazing.

Just1 carbon fiber is amazing. There are lighter helmets out there, the the low slung height gives it a lower cg and for me has been amazing.

Their J12 Pro Racer weighs almost 1400 grams.

What do you mean by low slung height? It doesn't look any different to me than any other helmet?

Premium Features

Back