• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

???????? cantwell???????????

M

m7162

Oct 17, 2008
wasilla
going to the last place on earth in the morning with snow hope its cantwell going there with recon ross and rev guy ill post pics if its good and maby i wont lol lol

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
going to the last place on earth in the morning with snow hope its cantwell going there with recon ross and rev guy ill post pics if its good and maby i wont lol lol

Planning on going down Saturday and maybe Monday so I'd love to hear a report! :beer;

M

m7162

Oct 17, 2008
wasilla
was lots of snow about 8 inches new on trail got back to the mountains and was 2-3.5 waist deep. was flat light and warm and windy but got stuck alot and had lots of fun started an avy was not to big but did not wana stick around to find out when we left it was lightly raining all the way back road was terrible so bad we lost a sled on the high way and did not know till about 18 miles down the rd troopers found it in the middle of the rd it could of been bad wwwwwwwoooooooooowwwwwwwwww any way lots of snow but could melt fast???? will post pics in a few:eek:

Reactions: shwee
R
Dec 31, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Fun day of riding with you guys again and what a day it was!

Just a word of caution to anybody riding this area, the avalanche danger is very high right now. 1 to 2 feet of fresh on top of icy layer. He barely hit the bottom of that slope and the face slid. It can have been way worse.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Hey Revguy, never trust Mike to tiedown the sleds....I take it the carnage was not too bad? Must not have been Mikes sled or he would be whining more lol;)

R
Nov 27, 2008
Yeah well I was the cause of most of the adventure during todays ride. I think I might change my name to the luckiest man on earth. But hey it makes for good stories over a few cold:beer; right. Definitely watch those avy's though.

M7-Ballz 2 the Wall

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Losing sleds????

:):DWow thats some funny stuff. Mike must have tied that load down....? Well glad the you guys were safe and got home with all of the sled in one piece, i hope so at least.

R
Dec 31, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Mike wasnt the problem. The tie down bolt was still screwed into the floor, the bar split in half and slowly the sled walked off the trailer. Talk about a holy $hit when we stopped to put gas in the truck! The trooper said he came up on it sitting directly in the middle of the highway, hadnt rolled, cover on, and parking brake on.

S
Nov 26, 2007
North Pole , Alaska
Rode Cantwell yesterday, MP 191 was great with plenty of new snow and even had sun. The snow was wet and heavy like riding in May. We also had to do a little water skipping. Modded Mach 1 was the picture taker so i am sure he will post some when he gets back. The road on the way down had some really slick stretches, at one point thought we were going to catch an out of control SUV head on, got the heart pumping a little faster.
Stanley

Reactions: shwee
Premium Features