• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

?? Can You Ride the Beartooth Pass??

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Possible, yep.... advised?, Don't get caught up there in bad weather.

Thundy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bird Island, MN
you can definitely ride up there...its real good riding too....you can park on the cooke side of the pass and ride from there

J
Dec 9, 2007
Bismarck, ND
thanks guys, I'm Acutally going to be in redlodge and wanted to know if it is good riding. Just curious though, can you get off the trail and just venture pretty much or what is it like?
Im pretty to that area and was thinging about taking the sleds out there.
thanks allot guys

R
Nov 29, 2007
Montana
Rode up over the pass from red lodge to top of the world last sat. there is good snow pack on tow. the pass itself is pretty thin. just keep going until you get to tow. the gate at the bottom of the highway is open and we parked at the second switchback where there is plenty of room to turn around. might be a little pavement to ride now with all the warm weather this week. Bring your A-game, extra fuel, a map, and a gps. Weather can get real nasty at any given time.

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I've ridden the Beartooth a number of times, never from the Redlodge side though. TOW on up it can get pretty white so pay attention to the clouds. On a sunny day its a great ride.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I'm From Cooke

I've rode the Beartooth for 22 yrs. I've seen lots of guys get caught in white outs trying to get over from Red Lodge. So if you don't know the area. I wouldn't do it. The old timers don't really do it anymore. But the riding is awesome if you do make it up there. I'd drive around from Redlodge and drive as far as the Junction and Park there. It would take you about 2 hours to drive around. If you would like more info on it. Just ask, I'd be glad to help.

Premium Features