• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can I run a 09 m8 clutch on my 2010 M8?????

M

M1000Mod162

I lost a roller on my 2010 m8 and i have a 09 clutch on the bench? Is there anyway I can Run it with the 09 clutch! Do they use the same clutch puller?????

Thanks Ryan

NO NO NO> Different puller, different thread. 2010-2014 is the same and 2007 to 2009 M8 is the same, but they don't cross over.

ok so i like a dumbass I tried to run the 09 puller in my 2010 before i put this post up and now my clutch bolt wont thread back in...... Am I ****ed?????

I know this was very stupid and Im very upset with myself but do I have any options at this point? New crank???

Try a tap.

Did you try running a tap down it? Unless you really fuxxed em up you should be able to straighten the threads out.

anyone know what the thread size is of the clutch bolt??? I also screwed up the threads on the bolt a little at the end and im having a dificult time figuring out what the size is?

14 mm fine thread I do believe.... Just went through a similar problem... 09 Sled with '10 clutch, and assumed using the 09 puller was the right idea... We tried everything and eventually had to zip cut the clutch off the primary...

Premium Features

Back