• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

camso kit durability

I just cant get excited about that kit, sorry. That's a little porky at 159 for me. Maybe it won't but I just looks like its going to pack a ton of snow.

M5

I am interested in the drag on the sides of the kit in the snow... it seems that it dips lower and wider than other companies... is that the case or are the pictures deceiving .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cool Cant wait to see how it holds up.

Thanks thats some goood info on these like to see people trying to deveople new ideas. the front assembely looks suspect on the reliability side. please let us know. Can you post a pic ot the bottom of their ski? What trck is that? Has any one run it?
2009 2moto-ktm 300
2012 timbersled 120-ktm 300
1213 timbersled 120-ktm 500
2015 timbersled 120-ktm 500
2016 yeti 137-ktm450 sx-f

track in back

I like the looks of their track, so for those looking for a 129 stiff track, looks like camso makes it...........oh as long as you convert to one rail.
How that track flex's, as in outside edge of track flex could make this the track to own for good bike like handling.

So if the track edges on this track flex like ski doo, might be a good deal and make for " more bike " like handling, if thats the case, its odd that they have wide idler wheels which you would think sort of cancels out the narrow rail flexing track ?

But, some one has been riding this kit and working out the bugs, so snow test will be interesting.

Weight, out in the snow with not so sticky polymers not so prone to holding snow like aluminum , effective riding weight might no be so bad.

I see a lot of people in this thread that are simply scared of anything new or a new technology. So the weight difference is 159 to 142.... so about 17lbs? And if you pull the bogie wheels off the camso it probably saves 3lbs which would be pretty apples to apples as the timbersled doesn't have any.

Also you don't need to add a rack to the camso as the whole tunnel is built as a rack with tie down points on it.. put a rack on your TS and add a pound back on it.

And are you guys kidding me about the polymer skid? what do you think ski's are made of? how many of you are worried about breaking a ski in half?

to me this is a pretty big jump in tech... single rail system that will carve easier and not be as prone to wash out. If I was buying brand new it would be the kit for me.

Between the ski and track design, the Camso has definitely improved handling. The drive train also seams to be more efficient. The Camso felt like it accelerated faster than mine, but that could be do to the track design. Unfortunately I only was able of spend a few minutes on one. Tight woods and short section of groomed road. I cannot wait to do some extended riding on the new kit.

I see a lot of people in this thread that are simply scared of anything new or a new technology. So the weight difference is 159 to 142.... so about 17lbs? And if you pull the bogie wheels off the camso it probably saves 3lbs which would be pretty apples to apples as the timbersled doesn't have any.

Also you don't need to add a rack to the camso as the whole tunnel is built as a rack with tie down points on it.. put a rack on your TS and add a pound back on it.

And are you guys kidding me about the polymer skid? what do you think ski's are made of? how many of you are worried about breaking a ski in half?

to me this is a pretty big jump in tech... single rail system that will carve easier and not be as prone to wash out. If I was buying brand new it would be the kit for me.

Yes skis do break. that is a concern to me. Alot of load on the skid way more then a ski. What about a boogie wheel broken a few of those too. Not to mention shock mounts and rails. The ski is reinforced with runners were it takes the load. Time will tell.

Last edited:
I am hoping all these kits will be great they are all for good for competition... Our local shop will have a few this year to test ride with the arctic cat Snowbike so it is exciting ...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I ran a plastic skid on a supercharged Apex 250HP and 650 pounds full of fuel never had a problem was super easy to carve great flex and never broke anything even sled skiing 2 up. You guys are worried about a lightweight 60 HP set up:face-icon-small-hap get real. If done right it will be the strongest set up out there. If that spindle has the right amount of flex designed into it - would also save the fork tubes on hard hits.

The 17 TS ST is listed at 133.5 and has a built in gas rack. So that's a 25.5lb difference.

I bought a 2016 YZ450FX and the new Camso track kit (Just waiting for the track kit to come in. Anyone getting any ride time yet? Compasions?

We have two camso kits on yz 450 for rent. So far so good. Much better brake system then timbersled, and much better chain adjusters, easier install, and comes complete with a brake master cylinder. Good and bad about both kits but so far we are real happy with the camso kits. Not to mention the ease of getting any parts if needs be.

I got my Camso out for the first ride this weekend and it was fantastic, I rode it back to back with a 2016 120 ST and noticed some different handling characteristics but you will have that with anything, nothing rattled loose, nothing broke, worked well.

Rode camso demo bike last weekend, loved every bit except the parking lot.

First post and first snow bike ride over the weekend. I've been and avid sledder and dirt bike rider for years and was waiting for the opportunity to try out a snow bike in person. Pulled into the snow park and saw a local dealer with snow bike camso demo. Bike was a Husky 250. I realized that this was likely an under powered bike based on what I have seen others using here. Nonetheless I saddled up and headed out. Conditions were cold at 5 degrees with about 3 feet of powder over 2-3 feet of packed powder under that. Not much base. In the icy parking lot I found it difficult to turn at all. Once I got on the trail the bike was much better. I knew trail handling may be difficult and found it to be not that different that sledding. Carbides are carbides and follow other carbide Tracks. Once off the trail I was blown away and found myself laughing and hollering through the woods as the bike easily went anywhere I pointed it. I could easily sidehill up to the top through the trees with ease and never got stuck once. We dug the sleds out several times throughout the day already. Needless to say I was hooked and surprised by the affordable price. I have an older WR 400 that I'll be upgrading as I know the importance of both fuel injection and electric start for this build. I know I have no other snow bike experience but I was very impressed with the camso kit and husky 250. I'll likely be looking for a 450 or larger so any suggestions would be appreciated. If anyone is near the Tri-Cities in WA state the dealer that had the demo was from Pasco WA. I think it was JMC motor sports. They were great!

Premium Features

Back