• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso Epic 280

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Have about 200 miles in my epic 280. Very happy with it so far. Really works well in soft, light and deep powder. I’d say it trenches very little, probably similar to the Polaris 2.6. It weighed about 46lbs in a 162

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I have a limited amount of riding on mine in heavy wet snow in Revelstoke and can’t tell hardly any difference between that in the 2.6. My other sled has the 2.6 163” on 155 tunnel conversion. The lugs on the 280 seem to fold over a little easier then the 2.6 when I push on them with my hand.

B
Feb 19, 2019
Good to know. I had to replace my 2.6 so I put a 2.5 CE on as it’s a direct replacement. But I am thinking of upgrading to the epic 280 if it seems to be holding up and not just a powder track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Dec 3, 2018
Be really cautious with this track. I have seen one in action, and while it had nice float and drive, it wore terribly, and was not abused at all. That's all I can really say for now.

hogracer

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2010
St Anthony Idaho
I have 250 miles on a 162 right now. Sled has a turbo. My complaints, adjuster bolt all the way forward and the track is still extremely tight, also the lugs are coming off like butter. I am missing 8 now and pretty much every lug on each side of the track is ripped in some way. In my opinion rubber is too soft and not holding up. Im going to take it off and put on a 3 in power claw. With the current snow conditions a stage 4 800 with a power claw is climbing just as high as my 850 race gas boondocker patriot that has the epic. Im riding both so its not the rider its the track. Just my honest opinion and experience.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Now that I have more miles on mine I’m really liking it. Rode 3 days through last weekend. Comparing to my other sleds, the 280 epic is bettering than the stock Polaris 2.6. Grabs the snow harder, where the 2.6 tends to spin on top more. Does lead to a little more trenching, but not as bad as the 3”. The cat alpha track still outperforms it, but not by a lot. I wish they made the epic in a 3.5” pitch.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Be really cautious with this track. I have seen one in action, and while it had nice float and drive, it wore terribly, and was not abused at all. That's all I can really say for now.
Do you have any pics? Is the owner here on SW? I would like to hear more good or bad. We've running a couple of them with zero wear. Thanks for any updates with pics.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I have 250 miles on a 162 right now. Sled has a turbo. My complaints, adjuster bolt all the way forward and the track is still extremely tight, also the lugs are coming off like butter. I am missing 8 now and pretty much every lug on each side of the track is ripped in some way. In my opinion rubber is too soft and not holding up. Im going to take it off and put on a 3 in power claw. With the current snow conditions a stage 4 800 with a power claw is climbing just as high as my 850 race gas boondocker patriot that has the epic. Im riding both so its not the rider its the track. Just my honest opinion and experience.
Hello hogracer, Sounds like something is seriously wrong. Do you have the track part #? Did you do a rail extension or different rails? Where did you get the track, Im wondering if you were sent the wrong track because I have 162" with tons of adjustment. If yours is that tight the track is being extremely overstretched while going through the motions possibly, and could be the reason your having issues. What drivers and rear idler wheels are you using? Can you post up pics of your set up, damage, part number (on the track its self). lm sure Camso would want all this info as well to get you straightened out if you got the wrong track. Thanks.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I do have one lug the corner is ripped off and 3 that are split down the middle. Track probably has 300 miles on it. I do ride hard and the track has seen more than it’s fair share of rocks, stumps and logs. So I wouldn’t say anything is wrong with the track durability, it’s more a result of an operator judgement problem. I have avid 3” pitch drivers, Iceage Khaos rails, TKI 1” offset axle to accommodate my alpha 10” wheels and I have plenty of track adjustment.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I do have one lug the corner is ripped off and 3 that are split down the middle. Track probably has 300 miles on it. I do ride hard and the track has seen more than it’s fair share of rocks, stumps and logs. So I wouldn’t say anything is wrong with the track durability, it’s more a result of an operator judgement problem. I have avid 3” pitch drivers, Iceage Khaos rails, TKI 1” offset axle to accommodate my alpha 10” wheels and I have plenty of track adjustment.
Good feedback. I cant think of a track that I haven't tore a lug off, but I also ride where there are lots of rocks, stumps, logs etc as its some of our favorite areas to ride. Some tracks like this Epic are not going to be a good fit for huge power sleds with race gas turbos. I was concerned for hog racer above that maybe he got the wrong track because there was no adjustment available. I know of a hillclimb race team that tries every brand/type of track out there and says "Hands down the Epic is the best perforce track they've ever used". TracksUSA has sold lots of them and has only 1 person that has a durability issue with the Epic. Time will tell, once people have more miles in every type of snow conditions will give us a better picture.

TRACKS USA

Premium Member
Mar 19, 2010
Lake Lillian, Mn 56253
www.tracksusa.com
We have sold a number of the Epic tracks this fall and winter and our customer track record so far has been excellent. I have personally spoken to numerous Epic owners and feedback has been positive. The Epic is a softer, more pliable lug design that is geared towards fluffier snow conditions and in my opinion, a track that will now give Polaris owners who are used to the Series VI or VII a viable choice. It is not limited to Polaris applications though being we have sold them for all other brands. Typically if a customer calls up with a higher hp sled application or operates in more setup snow conditions and asks for our opinion, we also offer other track options with a slightly stiffer / more rigid lug design unless the buyer specifically wants the Epic. Camso offers warranty on their tracks. From our history, Camso has been more than fair with our customers when dealing with warranty claims. I would suggest contacting your selling dealer to initiate a warranty claim. - Tony

M
Dec 3, 2018
Do you have any pics? Is the owner here on SW? I would like to hear more good or bad. We've running a couple of them with zero wear. Thanks for any updates with pics.

Its currently in warranty claim, so I don't want to share too much for fear that it might affect that process. Its an expensive piece of kit to be failing like it did.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I think track damage is highly over hyped. We have super powerful sleds and are always digging through rocks, dirt, stumps, logs, etc. I believe we commonly hit stuff we never know we hit. For example. I was riding two weeks ago in what seemed to be very well covered terrain in deep snow. Was having a great day. I went down through some trees and then back up climbing and digging back out through the top. IT was was a super fun line. Never felt my track hit anything. About ten minutes later came back to the same spot and looked down from the top to where I had come up. To my surprise there was a very well placed, perfectly pointed rock poking out of the middle of my trench. See pic. From the looks of it, thought my track had to be torn in half. Rolled the sled on its side and found two ripped off lugs right in the middle where the track would have hit the rock. In my mind, very little damage considering the pointed rock that I spun the track over. Had I never come back and seen the the rock I never would have known I hit something. I’m pretty sure it’s camsno’s fault that rock was there and that I hit it and the track must be a POS. Wonder if they’ll give me a refund?

D0C0AF7B-A921-4E7D-A350-5F981345B991.jpeg BD5CDEA9-ABD3-4422-9DFF-41E990F9A719.png

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Wow, I'd have freaked out, thinking I'd torn my track to pieces if I'd run over that! Definitely passes the durability test in my book if it can run over that and come out with just a couple torn lugs.

Premium Features