• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CALLING ALL SLED RESCUE EXPERIENCE! NEED HELP!

Where are you going to find this many people willing to help a guy out during a work day. Once again sledders rule. WTG guys

There are a set of straps sold by snow bungie that strap to the skis and to the bumper of the tow sled. so when the tow sled stops the towed sled stops also...no breaks needed.

Agree with above two tow sleds inline no rider on the towed sled.

TCP has those straps in stock for like $16 VERY worth it!!! I use the crap out of mine towing my 120's around!!

This is your guy right here offer to buy him lunch and you'll have your goat out in no time. I didnt read past Richs post so this may have been answered. Take a small torch and heat the ski bolts they'll pop right off. Let me know when your going I got a pretty slow week.

Wish I could come help but to take a day off of work right now might cost me my job.. Too much work, no time to ride.

I'm even thinking of selling everything: 4 sleds, trailer, gear because it's not getting used...

I hate hearing that! Your THE go to guy, I sure didnt mean to speak for ya Chief just your the most prepared guy I know! Hope things work out. Heard about the truck sorry bad chit happens to good guys.

I've got Wednesday off, never been on a sled rescue, but like alot of guys on here have said, "if it hasn't happened to you, keep riding, it eventually will". So it would be a benefit to me and you to see the process work and also help a fellow sledder out. Shoot me a pm with your plans for wednesday and exactly where you are meeting and what time because I have never been to guardsmens pass (not even sure where it is located) I live in Layton.

For the hills too steep to climb out towing a sled I suggest you get a lot of rope and a couple of pulleys.

use the tow sled going downhill to pull the dead sled up. When a knot gets to a pulley pull a section of rope off, reset and do it again. If the tow sled can't get it done going down hill double up the pulleys and rope and try again..

Know any friends into climbing? You'll need good static rope and quality pulleys.

we did this 2 weeks ago on a long hill with my dead dragon you need to use a long rope (200ft) and a pulley of some sort we used a carabeaner attached to a sled upthe hill and then get it stuck and then we pulled two sleds together down the hill pulling the dead sled upthe hill on a tow buddy.
This tow buddy might strap on your skid without the track adn work for ya

and take a syphon and get all the gas out of it into the other sleds if you can, no reason to pull that weight up hill if you don't have to!!

Dang guys! The appreciation level is high. Cant say thanks enough, in advance, for all of the help, knowledge, and offers for assistance. And the sled isnt even out....

Heading out tomorrow. Leaving from the Park City side of Gaurdsmans, so we dont have to tow up to the saddle. Leaving early, around 8 from that side. Gonna get there early with a few buddies to get the wrenching done and everything lined up for the tow. If anyone wants to come ride / meet at anytime tomorrow, we'll be out there for far too long, I reckon. Sled is just below the saddle of the Claytons / 10420 bowl, so if you head that way, we'll be there, or somewhere on the ride out.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Ill keep you posted on what happens. fingers crossed, gear assembled, and extra ski-doo belts in hand!

That my friend is why I choose to stay here and support this site. So much GOOD can happen here.:face-icon-small-hap

Good luck tomorrow and let us know all the details after. Don't forget the :camera:

Premium Features

Back