• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cali - WHERE to go?

S
Jan 29, 2017
Hi!

We are headed to Southern California for King of the Hammers. We plan to Sled on the way back home to Oregon.

Suggestions? Where should we go?

We'll have 1 rider whom won't want to stray too far from the "trail" .. & we'll be towing long trailers [parking wise].

We'd like to hit a few different places of 3ish days.

Thanks!

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
riding

Sonora pass 1st.

Little Truckee summit 2nd.

Lakes Basin/Gold lake 3rd.

hope you are in good shape. Riding all three of those areas three days in a row will definitely test your cardio.

If you guys get to LTS look me up . Be happy to show you around. Always looking for riding partners .

hi trackman, this is jason, i was there saturday with bob, i was the rookie.

im contemplating going this weekend and trying this one more time. Im deciding to sell , thinking this is not for me but im considering trying it one more time. It was just hard for me to wrestle, the sled controlled me, and i felt i was too small for my sled. anyhow, i just want to try some of the deep stuff and see if i can "get it" i dont know the area at all

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
hi trackman, this is jason, i was there saturday with bob, i was the rookie.

im contemplating going this weekend and trying this one more time. Im deciding to sell , thinking this is not for me but im considering trying it one more time. It was just hard for me to wrestle, the sled controlled me, and i felt i was too small for my sled. anyhow, i just want to try some of the deep stuff and see if i can "get it" i dont know the area at all

Have some people show you how to ride the sled. Once you develop your technique it won't wear you out near as bad.

Premium Features