• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 SyncroDrive 2017 gen4

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
To Answer Turtl's Question as good as I can.

Lighter less rotating mass and theoretically better response. No Need for oil - very little maintenance needed. Easy to change if they blow and they do no do additional damage, but they will blow more often than chains. Reality we have towed out lots off them over the years they are nothing new.
Advantages VS disadvantage If you maintain your chain case you have almost 0 problems hard to get much better reliability wise -- No measurable performance gain either.

If I would blow a chain I may contemplate to replace it with a Belt just for sh!!t's and giggles that is about it. They look cool and increase your cool factor.

Last edited:
S
Jan 25, 2008
anchorage, AK
I disagree on the part about C3 belt drive kits blowing more often than a chain drive. My experience is just the opposite. <div><br></div><div>That being said, the belt drive is not worth it as an aftermarket product unless the skidoo has quite a bit more power than stock.</div><div><br></div><div>A C3 belt drive, when configured with solid cogs (not quick change), with a decent diameter (top gear cannot be extremely small) and a relatively low gear ratio is bulletproof but probably not necessary for a stock powered skidoo. </div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Last edited:
L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
I have a 2018 with SHOT coming. Will these kits work with the SHOT capacitor that I think is mounted on chaincase cover?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Doesn't look like it. But I'm sure tom TKI will make it work when he has a 2018 with shot.

Premium Features