• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 Carbon Fiber Chassis turbo 1000 4cyl Yamaha

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
What the f*ck happened to the good ole days when all you needed was a flat head screw driver and a spark plug wrench with clutch springs and weights to tune :rolleyes:

can't wait to see a numbnut on the mountain with a laptop out. More gizmos and gadgets, $20,000 sled..........$4500 to tune it.

Rather funny how the sled world has evolved to such prestine tuning devices :cool: I remember when EGT's were a big deal......

Reactions: Rizzo
I
Apr 7, 2008
What the f*ck happened to the good ole days when all you needed was a flat head screw driver and a spark plug wrench with clutch springs and weights to tune :rolleyes:

can't wait to see a numbnut on the mountain with a laptop out. More gizmos and gadgets, $20,000 sled..........$4500 to tune it.

Rather funny how the sled world has evolved to such prestine tuning devices :cool: I remember when EGT's were a big deal......

I supose you have a rotary phone too. times have changed and from what i have read you dont have to have a tuning bike you can rent it or use a close map and modify with a laptop or a phone with windows. no not windows to look out the operating program. I personally would rather pack a phone than a bunch of tools. cool stuff guys keep up the good work!

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
I carry a Acer Aspire Laptop in my back pack every once in a while. It is 8 X 6 full laptop. Weighs 2 lbs. I tune my MCX fuel mapping and timing (power commander) with it. It works really well and is interesting how much more you can get out of your sled with different timing/fuel settings. I guess I am a Numbnut though.

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
rejet a rx1 or a mm on the hill maybe 30 min if you get locky with carb boots--- retune with a pda and a rb3 maybe 5 min

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
C3 Carbon Fiber XP/XR chassis

xp chassis 008.jpg

xp chassis 009.jpg

xp chassis 010.jpgWe have just finished our first carbon fiber XP and XR Chassis (without the Integrated Structural Fuel Tank) and here are the results. The C3 XP and XR carbon chassis weighs 16lbs vs the aluminium chassis at 28lbs (neither chassis has any of the structural aluminium brackets). Once our cooling system is added to the equation, we are saving an additional 9 lbs for a total of 21 lbs.

The non-ISFT versions are now available at $4156 complete with running boards with edge cooling, drop brackets, and rear cooler.

The Integrated Structural Fuel Tank version saves an additional 12lbs and will be available at the end of august. Its features include a baffle system to keep the fuel toward the front of the tank, additional capacity, smaller lightweight seat, deletion of factory fuel tank support member, and increased overall rigidity and strength. We estimate that pricing will be $6188 complete with running boards with edge cooling, and rear cooler. Pricing will be confirmed at the end of august.

R
Aug 30, 2008
It is our own C3 custom mid mount turbo that we built to fit the apex motor in our carbon M chassis. It dyno'd at 330hp, 170ft-lbs torque at 15lbs boost on pump gas with methanol water injection and no intercooler. And a full fuel wet weight of 555 lbs

I Call BS. Dynos sheets can be manipulated. Just like the Twisted Turbo Guy said he gained 80 horsepower with 4.5 lbs of boost on a stock M1000 (Dynoed) it is simply not true.

In a perfect world, you can maybe double your horsepower at 14 lbs. A stock apex at 8000 ft is not putting out 140 horse. It is probably more around 115 or 110 horse. At 14 lbs it would double to 230 or 220 horse at 8000 ft.

Sea Level would be 280 horse at 14 pounds, in a perfect world.

I do think that the carbon fibre chassis is Awesome, and would like to purchase one.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
So what would that sled be in US dollars these days? That would be a sweet addition to my trailer! I may have missed it in the post, but what size turbo is that in there?

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
I Call BS. Dynos sheets can be manipulated. Just like the Twisted Turbo Guy said he gained 80 horsepower with 4.5 lbs of boost on a stock M1000 (Dynoed) it is simply not true.

In a perfect world, you can maybe double your horsepower at 14 lbs. A stock apex at 8000 ft is not putting out 140 horse. It is probably more around 115 or 110 horse. At 14 lbs it would double to 230 or 220 horse at 8000 ft.

Sea Level would be 280 horse at 14 pounds, in a perfect world.

I do think that the carbon fibre chassis is Awesome, and would like to purchase one.

you also have to consider that with the modification's IE header, injection, ignition timing as well as cam timing the base horse power goes a way up. And as the efficiency of the turbo system goes up so does the hp and torque

Premium Features