• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

buy or not 07 rev 800 adrenaline

R
Nov 17, 2009
I am interested in buying a 07 800 rev adrenaline from a local dealer. They installed a brand new motor and has 0 km's on it and they rebuilt the primary clutch. The sled has 3600 km's on it. Any advice would be great, I just blew my crank in a 01 800 rmk and don't want any issues with what I buy.....just wanna ride.
Thanks

Spyder73

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Northwest (360)
My 2c.... I have been through the issues with my 07 and besides the fact that many might say STAY away from it, i'll say different (now anyway).

07 issues: Crank, if you have the 08 motor its solid.
Clutching: Get a DJ's clutch kit, youll never regret it.
Track: stiff paddles and it just sucks, slap on a new soft 2.5 and hold on.
Rave Valves: replace with 09's

Add an SLP kit and done... Mine absolutely rips, I tried to sell it in the beginning of the season with no luck and after ridding the crap out of it this season, Im glad it did not sell.... I still see alot of 07's out there and their owners seem to love them....

Bottom line DONT pay too much for it and it will be a great sled. Make sure it has the new 08 motor.

R
Nov 17, 2009
I figured that 3500 km's is roughly 55 - 60 km's a week for a five month riding season which I didn't figure was to bad. It is in mint condition....I'm just worried about the issues hanging over this sled. Thanks for your opinions above any one else?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
If it blew a crank, the only "rebuild kit" I've heard of is a new shortblock.....

I own an 07, and it has been a bit of a bumpy road, but it is a very fun sled to ride and I would buy one again.

S
Nov 30, 2007
Colorado
Mine became a great machine after a new bottom end at 400 miles, and then going aftermarket for everything else. The Stock Clutch stuff sucked and never worked right. Get a DJ clutch kit and you can bring out the smile from ear to ear. Once mine was running right it was the best sled I have owned.

N
Nov 27, 2007
Grand Lake
Have and '07 xrs (one of the worst out there (yeah right)). I have around 1800 miles on mine. No issues with the crank or clutch (after the update). Haven't put many miles on it this year, little snow up in the northern mountains. I would definitely buy another '07. The new xp chassis doesn't seem to pull over as easy and the older rev chassis. My dad also has an '07 with quite fewer miles, but no issues with anything. I have said before on here that I like the challenger lite track, my lugs seem to be fairly soft.

As long as the tunnel, bulk head, flying nun, and everything else is in good condition, the miles/km shouldn't matter too much. Check the distance between the shock and the a-arms, they should be equidistant (for the most part).

Premium Features