• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burning Alpine Sleds!!!

Just a reminder...

Tis the season for reminders....

Alpine Motorsports
Salmon Arm, BC

So here is the thing.... it seems there is an issue with Alpine Motorsports Turbo's out of Salmon Arm, BC. I know of more than one that has burned. Recently my Alpine sled caught fire. They have a fuel cell issue... as I have discovered... they are still using the same part in their new builds. I never knew this was a problem until this happened to me, but once it did, I discovered it has happened before. They claim there is no liability on their part and will offer no help.

Just a warning!!! Do not buy Alpine!!! I don't know who is better but good alternates may be "Impulse" or "Powderlites" turbo sleds.

Many of my family and friends have ridden my sled and unknowingly been at risk. The guy who was riding it caught fire. It burned his pants and backpack!!! LUCKY he got the pack off and the pants out!!!

The cap on the back of the tank came loose and fuel poured out onto the track and when he crested the hill and backed out of the throttle the exhaust ignited the fuel on the track. I do not see any CSA, ANSI or other ratings on this tank. Guessing it is not Canadian approved for motor vehicles. Working on finding out.

I feel very lucky the guys were on the ball and flipped the sled on its side and buried it in snow with shovels and a couple sleds pulled up beside it and roosted it with snow untill it was completely buried. The damage could have been way worse!!!

If you pay close attention, the front of the tunnel, tank and turbo area are free of soot and sign of fire. I don't have a pic here but the inside of the tunnel is completely black. The seat burnt completely. We flipped the seat up and there was the cap.... just sitting there!!! Good thing the seat had this area contained as it may have blown fuel all over the rider when it ignited and really caused harm to him!!!

If you have Alpine or want one, make sure your life insurance is paid in advance and your sled insurance is up to date!!!

If you have an Alpine that burned or know of one that has please add to this site. I contacted Julian on the 10th of April, 2012 and filled him in. I am adding this info so if anyone decides to pursue the legalities it is documented here on snowest for all to see. I will stand beside you in a court of law and testify. All you have to do is contact me and I will be glad to assist you!!! I don't normally take things to the extreme but this is an extreme case. These guys know there is an issue and have no intention of fixing it, they just want your money and that is where it ends!!!

FYI!!!

Gonna post some pics for your info!!!

FYI

Just a reminder to those who have followed the mini boat builds, we have moved to "fouled plug section". There are a few of us doing summer builds that don't fall into sled categories. We asked Christopher to add a new section and he directed us to move there to see how this would go.

Anyway, that is where you will find the little boats. This is reserved for that which it was intended, warning those who wish to purchase a turbo sled about the possibilities of Alpine products.

I am hoping they have learned their lesson and with the new Viper on its way very shortly, maybe they can build a turbo sled that doesn't leak fuel and light on fire!!!

Cheers...

as in correct views or just a view...what would constitute a correct view from a normal view if in fact you desire a correct view from a normal view..

one more now...lol..

lol

Ummm.... er.... ah.... Ya, correct, not a correct view or any other... just a view will do!!!

as in correct views or just a view...what would constitute a correct view from a normal view if in fact you desire a correct view from a normal view..

one more now...lol..

Turbo....

I have been reading about what the best turbo kit is...

What do yo think????

I don't believe in Alpine like I once did......

Reminder!!! Almost 20,000!!!

Alpine Motorsports
Salmon Arm, BC

So here is the thing.... it seems there is an issue with Alpine Motorsports Turbo's out of Salmon Arm, BC. I know of more than one that has burned. Recently my Alpine sled caught fire. They have a fuel cell issue... as I have discovered... they are still using the same part in their new builds. I never knew this was a problem until this happened to me, but once it did, I discovered it has happened before. They claim there is no liability on their part and will offer no help.

Just a warning!!! Do not buy Alpine!!! I don't know who is better but good alternates may be "Impulse" or "Powderlites" turbo sleds.

Many of my family and friends have ridden my sled and unknowingly been at risk. The guy who was riding it caught fire. It burned his pants and backpack!!! LUCKY he got the pack off and the pants out!!!

The cap on the back of the tank came loose and fuel poured out onto the track and when he crested the hill and backed out of the throttle the exhaust ignited the fuel on the track. I do not see any CSA, ANSI or other ratings on this tank. Guessing it is not Canadian approved for motor vehicles. Working on finding out.

I feel very lucky the guys were on the ball and flipped the sled on its side and buried it in snow with shovels and a couple sleds pulled up beside it and roosted it with snow untill it was completely buried. The damage could have been way worse!!!

If you pay close attention, the front of the tunnel, tank and turbo area are free of soot and sign of fire. I don't have a pic here but the inside of the tunnel is completely black. The seat burnt completely. We flipped the seat up and there was the cap.... just sitting there!!! Good thing the seat had this area contained as it may have blown fuel all over the rider when it ignited and really caused harm to him!!!

If you have Alpine or want one, make sure your life insurance is paid in advance and your sled insurance is up to date!!!

If you have an Alpine that burned or know of one that has please add to this site. I contacted Julian on the 10th of April, 2012 and filled him in. I am adding this info so if anyone decides to pursue the legalities it is documented here on snowest for all to see. I will stand beside you in a court of law and testify. All you have to do is contact me and I will be glad to assist you!!! I don't normally take things to the extreme but this is an extreme case. These guys know there is an issue and have no intention of fixing it, they just want your money and that is where it ends!!!

FYI!!!

Premium Features

Back