• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Budget Build

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
If you had $1000 to do a couple upgrades to a 2019 850 what would those be? I already have an SLP muffler and clutching. This is my first year on a Polaris and want the best bang for my buck. Have been hearing a lot of people talking about the ZRP rotating mass kit. The helium hood looks awesome. But if it only loses a lb of weight then it's not worth it in my mind. Let me hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
If you had $1000 to do a couple upgrades to a 2019 850 what would those be? I already have an SLP muffler and clutching. This is my first year on a Polaris and want the best bang for my buck. Have been hearing a lot of people talking about the ZRP rotating mass kit. The helium hood looks awesome. But if it only loses a lb of weight then it's not worth it in my mind. Let me hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Khaos conversion.

Dial in that clutching.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
SLP can and gear down if you have a Quick Drive. Use a kit with a tensioner that you can run the belt relatively loose, and and clutching. About $1500 unless you find some used stuff or find a set of ProRide gears. If you have the chaincase you will already have lower gearing. If that is the case then you can put on a belt drive and do clutching but it is a little less bang for your buck. You will still be turning a heavier track too. Stock pogo-stick Walker Evans shocks suck too unless you just ride deep pow.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Upgrade the bumpers if you're a guy that hits stuff. Otherwise I think a shock package will offer the most noticeable improvement - selling the stock set up will get you some $$ as well.

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
What does the helium alone lose for weight? Sled already has some Exit shocks. Think I'm going to give those a shot before I try something else. Would love the QS3s if someone would buy my Exits. What gear down kit is everyone running? I know Pro gears. Are they a direct bolt up?

C
Nov 29, 2008
$1000 budget. Put that $1000 towards.....

Days off work
Fuel for tow vehicle/ sled
Belts
lodging at sled destinations.

Nothing more lame than an "upgraded" sled that just sits in a garage versus getting ridden.
Xs2

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
Take 2 pounds off you clutches and make them work more efficient..Better throttle response, you will notice when starting it up the first time!! Cooler belt temps, less wear and tear on your bearings in the motor, and drive line...all for $800.00..

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
They are such good sleds out of the box. I’d make sure your rpms run where they are supposed to. You have a can and shocks. I agree with the others, save your money for riding, don’t waist it on “bling”.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
$1000 budget. Put that $1000 towards.....

Days off work
Fuel for tow vehicle/ sled
Belts
lodging at sled destinations.

Nothing more lame than an "upgraded" sled that just sits in a garage versus getting ridden.

BINGO!!! Too many "wannabes" spend good money on bling and cant even use the stock sled to its full potential. Aftermarket people on here will sell you anything and its always "the best" :)

I added good shocks, and Mohawk skis - done!

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
BINGO!!! Too many "wannabes" spend good money on bling and cant even use the stock sled to its full potential. Aftermarket people on here will sell you anything and its always "the best" :)

I added good shocks, and Mohawk skis - done!

Do you really think any aftermarket skis will be as good as the Grippers? I do realize that skis should be available to fully compliment the track size and type of snow you ride but is there an aftermarket ski that dials this in any better?

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
Thanks guys. Sounds like there’s really nothing else I need to do. I’m not worried about riding. Get out every weekend and should have 50ish days on the snow by April. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P
Oct 12, 2019
Indy dan on clutches, gear down, diamond S TI can, cheep mods, shave down seat at local upholstery shop, lower bars local Mx shop, dura pro ski rubbers, cut 6’’ off snow flap, AMP shorty brake lever. Stop worrying about anything else because you’ll never be able to ride it to its full potential. Not being a dick the sled is that good.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Have done lots of “mods” to my Pros and Axys’ over the years. With out a doubt the biggest bang for the buck has been Carls valving. Your body will thank you. You can ride faster and more aggressive. You sacrifice NOTHING like you do with many mods.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Munster finger throttle!

Personally, I hate those things. I'm constantly replacing customer throttle cables because of their finger throttles causing the inner cable to fray. Fully half of the finger throttles I check do not open the throttle plates to 100%--more like 85-90%.

To each their own, glad you are stoked on them. But not for me. EVER.

Premium Features