• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brrrrr!!

Oct 13, 2008
this is what my face looked like after riding the other day

179430AGie_w.jpg

S
Dec 2, 2007
Headed for Deadhorse in the mornin, should be nice and warm up there. Except for the fact that I have an OUTSIDE job:(

Here in Juneau we have mild temps +15 or so and TONS of snow. Had to shovel the roof today, and the Hill is chest deep fluff with a 4' base under that. Too bad I gotta leave it. Think about 9' total.

A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK
Diesel

Just a heads up! Got some Diesel from the Huffman Holiday the other day and I almost gelled up this afternoon. Had to stop and get some 911 and add more fuel. Glad I was in town, I could only get it up to 20 mph on Old Seward. It was only -5. :mad:

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
soooooooo.... they say it is supposed to "warm up" and start snowing around the state again. Even though I can't ride for a while - I am super excited to hear that ~ just hope it is true this time, but then I'm not sure how I am going to manage scraping ice and snow off the truck one armed LOL

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Change your filter lately

Just a heads up! Got some Diesel from the Huffman Holiday the other day and I almost gelled up this afternoon. Had to stop and get some 911 and add more fuel. Glad I was in town, I could only get it up to 20 mph on Old Seward. It was only -5. :mad:

Always a good idea to change them on the onset of winter. And if you got a bad shot of fuel. FYI:)

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
It's coming

Weather Channel says 33 with rain and snow on Wednesday. Ya right

Tomorrow will likely be the last of the Blue Bird Days:sun::cool: for a week or more. Get out there and tear it up, fresh powder and warmer days are on the way!!! WOO HOO:D

M

MTNDVL

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
soooooooo.... they say it is supposed to "warm up" and start snowing around the state again. Even though I can't ride for a while - I am super excited to hear that ~ just hope it is true this time, but then I'm not sure how I am going to manage scraping ice and snow off the truck one armed LOL

I could of sworn there was someone scraping your windows and sweeping snow off your truck every morning for you;). Our garage is for toys.

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Life at minus 80 in Tok (NPR's "Day to Day"): It's cold in the Interior. Really cold. The thermometer at the Tetlin National Wildlife Re***e headquarters in Tok broke at minus 78, Aliza Sherman Risdahl tells NPR. She and her family moved to Tok two weeks ago, and she talks about how she and her dogs are coping. Risdahl's Living in Tok blog has a photo of the apparently repaired re***e thermometer reading minus 80 at 4 a.m. Thursday.

Premium Features