• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken pull rope on xp

S

sleddinhusker

On Sunday, first pull in the morning, pull rope broke about an inch below the handle (08 xp). Ended up getting it started off the clutch and rode the rest of the day. Ive heard that you shouldn't run it like that, and I've also heard it wont hurt it at all. It seemed to work good and I didn't notice anything different. Did I make a mistake? I have one day left of riding before we haul the sleds home for the year, just wondering if it would be ok to run it with the rope inside the recoil or not?

Thanks guys

thats due to the new light weight handle. just tie a knot about 4 inches down the rope below the handle after u fish it out. that way when it breaks again the knot wont let it go into the recoil.

Reactions: XXL
broken rope

9 out of 10 time it will be okay but you run the chance of the whole rope sheave vibrating loose
with out the tension the rope and spring keep in side the housing i have seen them come apart and take out the pick up on the stator
its a twenty minute job just fix it then you can ride worry free if just the rope broke time is all youll be out better to fix in garage than have a buddy tow you out
just my two cents
enjoy

Premium Features

Back