• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broken panel

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
Was riding my Axys on the whooped out trails at Revelstoke on the weekend. I was riding standing up, with feet all the way forward.
It handles the bumps well, and doesn't seem to kick much with feet forward, however.....
I heard a snap when my knees where pressed against the panel. The console that shrouds the tank cracked just below the pull start.
There was no hard impact, or prior damage. It didn't hurt my knee, and was not much below freezing.
Really surprised me, was wondering if anybody else has experienced this yet and if I should bother trying to get warranty???

image.jpg

Gunk

Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2015
north west Iowa
yes, go for warranty. i would! if they sell knee pads for this, it must be able to at least buise a knee with out breaking

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I really think Polaris (or any other manufacturer) will call it wear and tear. What was the temperature like out riding?

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
You have nothing to lose by trying to get it covered under warranty. My guess is it will be a no. I really do hope I am wrong. Hopefully your dealer will do the best they can for you.

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Few years ago same happened to buds fusion, put skinzs knee pads over it. We were pro active and put pads on my 14 Rmk, his 15 Assault and his brothers 16 Pro S when we got them.
Post if you get it fixed under warranty if we have cracks.

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
I guess I have a pretty great dealer....I told him I hadn't heard of any more cracking so I would just pay for it, $200cdn, but he said no, if Polaris doesn't get it he will !!!

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
I guess I have a pretty great dealer....I told him I hadn't heard of any more cracking so I would just pay for it, $200cdn, but he said no, if Polaris doesn't get it he will !!!

Wish dealers here in Minn. Were that good, terrible customer service here
Congratulations on having a dealer that earns repeat business

Premium Features