• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bottom end bog fix?

MikeM1000

Lifetime Membership
got a 07 M8 Turbo have the garett 2871,race gas set up with intercooler old style, horrible bottom end mainly at start off in powder any way to get a lil bit crisper start off, boondocker controller i puled a lil fuel at 3000 seemed to help a bit but dont want to go to far, its hard to get movin if i stop in deep snow once it moves 3 foot or so it takes off fine its just the initial take off..

110 trick, 8-10 lbs boost(bd box says max 8.2psi, 10.4 peak but seeing 10 on my gauge), stock secondary, tip weighted cutler weights in primary, 153 track, ez ryde,

mine got way better once I started mixing fuel properly. I was running way too much vp 111. Now at 12 pounds I run 10-15 liters of vp 111...rest premium. Makes a huge difference on overall run ability and it got ride of most of the off the line bog.

Last edited:
i run about 42psi fuel pressure, 1000-6500 ft elevation with main riding 3k-6k, so i have been to scared to run anything but 110 cause i am just gettin tuning closed in for my area...can get non-ethonal 92 and 110 in same place,

if i mix 50/50 (110/92) will i need to increase my top end fueling if so do i need to up the high rpm fueling or the turbo hi fueling.

I got a gross bog as well, right at engagement , iv got the 2011 m8 ovs pg and run from 100% av to now 50/50 and it's driven me nuts, the head is decompressed , and I'm at 4-5000'. I've tried different primary springs, helix, weights and messed with the fuel box and it won't go away when I'm in powder, on hardpack no real issue

Put another mark on the wall for me. I've got an 07' RG Boondocker kit and it will fall flat on its face from a dead stop but after 3 feet starts running like a scalded raped ape. 100% 110vp 10lbs. boost and MM clutching. I need a tow sled to get me rolling in deep pow but than you better watch out!

So what is causing this problem, I'm thinking this is my first and last turbo, I might try a big bore , it sucks wen ur around stockers and ur getting stuck or falling into creek holes because I'm boggin

I do notice,when I get the bog my afr goes full lean, I've tried adding lots of green, and raising my fuel psi with no luck.

Reeds! have you checked them. Even if they look good they could be weak and opening to easy.

You only add fuel on top according to your gauges, tune with them.
Have you guys checked to make sure your baro tube is clear.
bottom end bog -- add fuel to low and mid just to test, more at low and a tiny bit in mid.
Watch your fuel psi

I am fairly confident it is not my reeds. I have had bad reeds a couple times and I am not seeing the other symptoms that I normally see. I am currently running double stacked early M8 reeds with OVS stops.

I have NOT checked my baro tube so I will now. I found some improvement by taking quite a bit of fuel away in the 3,000 and 5,000 numbers (BD RG kit). It improved but did not cure it. As the OP said if I get the sled rolling just a little bit then hammer it it does great, but if I hammer it from a dead stop it falls on it's face for a brief moment then takes off. If I am on the verge of boost it seems to run great but if I am not it falls on it's face. It acts as if it is not getting enough air when not on boost.

My thought in wanting to eliminate the large intercooler is that it is quite restictive. I could see the possibility that when you hit the throttle the engine is not able to suck enough air through the intercooler until the boost starts to come on. Of course I could be completely wrong on this, just trying to come up with some possible cures.

Edited to add that I am running 50/50 110/91 10.5 pounds at 7000-8000 feet.

Last edited:
Yours sounds more like tuning, fuel pressure, or electrical power issue.

If removing fuel helps then keep removing until it gets worse

Try lowering your fuel pressure a little bit and see if it helps. If you take away very much you will probably have to add fuel on top with your box.

My fuel pressure is at 38.5 I tried raising it once to 41-42 and it was definately worse on the low end so maybe lower would be better? It's easy to do so I am certainly willing to try it. Also my pressure is measured after the injectors at the regulator. Someone with the same kit told me the pressure at the throttle bodies when he measured it was about 3 pounds higher than at the regulator. If this holds true my throttle bodies would be seeing 41.5

What about boost reference lines? My BOV comes from behind the throttle bodies. My EBC, control box and fuel regulator all come from the intercooler.

so today i ran 9-10 lbs boost ran 3gal of 92 the rest 110 trick, ran a cat 046 belt it was a lil tight squeeled and tried to walk sometimes but most of my bog was gone it was great, very light hesitation but way better than the Ultimax belt that was on it.. now my problem is my headlights quit and lost fuel pressure had to add tons of fuel at it to get it out then the lights came on and it flooded out, took fuel back to where i had and ran great so now i gotta figure out why my lights quit and why my fuel pressure dropped, any ideas,

Bog

I am fairly confident it is not my reeds. I have had bad reeds a couple times and I am not seeing the other symptoms that I normally see. I am currently running double stacked early M8 reeds with OVS stops.

I have NOT checked my baro tube so I will now. I found some improvement by taking quite a bit of fuel away in the 3,000 and 5,000 numbers (BD RG kit). It improved but did not cure it. As the OP said if I get the sled rolling just a little bit then hammer it it does great, but if I hammer it from a dead stop it falls on it's face for a brief moment then takes off. If I am on the verge of boost it seems to run great but if I am not it falls on it's face. It acts as if it is not getting enough air when not on boost.

My thought in wanting to eliminate the large intercooler is that it is quite restictive. I could see the possibility that when you hit the throttle the engine is not able to suck enough air through the intercooler until the boost starts to come on. Of course I could be completely wrong on this, just trying to come up with some possible cures.

Edited to add that I am running 50/50 110/91 10.5 pounds at 7000-8000 feet.

I have a 2008 M8 Race Gas Boondockers Kit, 13 psi, 8000ft, 3/4 100LL rest 91 pump with the big *** intercooler. It isn't your intercooler, because I've had mine running where it would pull a wheelie out of deep powder from a dead stop even with high 62/58 gears. Now, there always is a tad bit of turbo lag, like a second, but it should hit like a rocket went off once boost builds. Mine started developing a huge bog when I ran into electrical problems and my fuel pressure started fluctuating. You should see a firm 40-42 psi, I run 42. If it shakes back and forth from like 38-42 that won't cut it either. It has to hold 42 or whatever you set it at like a permanent line was drawn on your gauge, at least that is how mine is when it runs good.

Have you replaced your pipe sensor anytime soon? I've heard that when those start to go out they can think you are running too lean, add way too much fuel right off the start, flooding it and cause a bog. There is a thread that tells you where to get Duramax diesel ones for cheap that apparently have the same specs as the Arctic Cat ones, like $30.

Also, when my diamond drive started to go out my sled acted like it had a huge bog, but it was metal shavings in the DD locking it up. I would get stuck all the time, I thought it was tuning trouble because the sled acted like it had no power in deep snow for like the first 5 feet from a stop, then the metal shavings would clear out and it would pick up. Then the DD completely locked up, I punched it and started smoking my belt on a flat trail. I rebuilt my DD and my sled immediately lost the bottom end bog...

What about your power-valves? My brother had a sled and his power valves got stuck wide open for some reason. It had a horrible bog until he figured out what it was...

I've also had baro tube trouble. Same thing, but ran kind of crappy bottom and top, water in the line...

Premium Features

Back