• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost at 4-7k feet

M-Head

Lifetime Membership
So how much boost can I get using 2-3 gallons of Sonoco 110 per tank?
Sled is a 2007 M8 with CPC stage II kit.

Check out CPC's instructions on their web page. It spells out octane/boost/elevation recommendations for their kit.

Should be able to go 10 I'd think if ya got the turbo comp head. I run that elevation all the time on straight AV 100. An even 12lbs wen up 6k +

Edit: seen its an 07 your comp will be low enough with that head

Last edited:
It seems like a lot of guys have great luck with 100LL, thinking of running straight AV gas and starting at 7lbs. I would think I could get 9lbs safely with that fuel and elevation.

Wow! that's really good. I've heard that throttle response can be sluggish on 100LL. Is this true?

I jus came from a NA m1000 an this PC for first 150 miles stock so that's only thing I can compare too. But driving a turbo is jus a whole dif way an you get used to it for in the trees. But I don't find the bottom end that bad for any reason.

I run a Twisted 09 m8 on straight avgas at 10lbs from 4-8K

basically the bottom end is the same as a stock m8, until the boost kicks in. 100ll is a clean fuel, i've heard of guys mixing with super to save $$ but why risk burning down your motor to save $ 10 in fuel. currently premium is around $4 per gallon, avgas isaround $6 per gallon. to check avgas prices around the country go to this website click the state and the town closest to you and on the bottom right of the page is the current prices .

www.airnav.com

Ran mine for 2 Seasons now on Straight 100LL 11lbs boost, 4000-800ft. No problems at all. Its a little bit more money than premium. But ALOT cheaper than Race Gas. Easy to find and purchase.

Well, you guys sold me on 100LL. I think I'll start out at 8 lbs and maybe creep up a pound or two after I get comfortable with the box settings. Got some 100LL last weekend--$6.50/gal. Not the best price, but alot better than 110.

Check out CPC's instructions on their web page. It spells out octane/boost/elevation recommendations for their kit.

Unless I missed something their instructions only cover running at 9000 feet. I wish it had some tuning info on there for 5 to 6 thousand feet...

There starting box numbers are close from 3-9k I found. Don't change that much. But I did def lean it out a bit on yellow an blue green. Just work wit ur AF gauge an learn. Run around 14 in mid range to have nice snappy throttle then around 12.2 wide open. I even stayed a touch rich at 11.7 most of last year. Also I turn my green up for the trail so I don't lean out then back down when about to break off through the trees.

Ok, I have been running 9.5 lbs on 100LL from 4-7000ft and so far, it's been running great! I take it easy the first couple of miles up the road, but other than that, I ride it like I stole it. Never hit the det sensor. I believe I could go up a little to find the limit, but 9.5 lbs is a blast, so why push it.

Ok, I have been running 9.5 lbs on 100LL from 4-7000ft and so far, it's been running great! I take it easy the first couple of miles up the road, but other than that, I ride it like I stole it. Never hit the det sensor. I believe I could go up a little to find the limit, but 9.5 lbs is a blast, so why push it.

Man/ i sure would like to know, how you know that your at 9.5 when i look down at my boost Gage its hard enough to tell if iam at 7 or 8 lbs of boost. Not slam-min just saying! Iam New to a turbo have M8 CPC stage1 running 5 to 6lbs 3000ft and 7 to 8lbs at 6000ft 50/50 prem,av.4 rides in bottomless powder nothing but Grinning and fun so far.

5k an up I've ran 12lbs on straight av with a turbo cut head which is a lil more compression then your head so I'm sure you will be fine. Mostly just stick er on 10 an let er eat all day

Climbing a hill with over 2' of fresh, it's not hard at all to look down at the boost gauge and see where it settles in to. I did have a day where the snow was set up, and I couldn't even glance at the gauge, it was just pulling too hard. I love it! It will be hard to ever have a non-turboed sled ever again.

I agree- i'm addicted to boost

don't see anything but boost ever. true it is hard to see my little Boost gauge and see where it's reading I'm going so damn fast at 10 psi. that i glance down for a split second but trying to watch where i'm going , usually the skis are 3 feet in the air and hanging on tight, but I just got a KMOD- so hopefully it is now adjustable how high my skis are.

Premium Features

Back