• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bogie Wheel Kit

R
Oct 12, 2009
I had a 2009 D8 and had a lot of problems burning Hifax. I installed the bogie wheel kit and it fixed the problem. Does anyone have similar issues with the Pro Ride RMK? I am running a 155" track.

Last edited:
S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
seems my 09 had trouble burning them off towards the back, i would imagine my pro is going to be the same, a kit in the back would probably eliminate that. on my 09, instead of replaceing with oem hyfax, i removed all the wheels off the assault and put hyperfax slides on it and forgot about it, they didn't wear at all. on my pro i put hyperfax on that and removed the only set of wheels on it. i do know these sleds like snow, the tall lugs, less cooling, and less wheels the hyfax should wear faster and engine heat up faster, at least they finally added scratchers as standard equipment.

SlingingMercury

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2009
I am going to get some for my 163" Pro. Even with scratchers down there is a fair amount of wear already on mine. We have to ride groomed trails with very little powder this year at lower elevations, and no way to cool things down before we get up to the decent powder(besides kicking snow onto the hifax). Also, my engine temps have gotten up to 200 degrees plus on trail rides, I figure I won't worry about it unless the light comes on, but the 09 and 10 dragons are about 40-50 degrees cooler in the same conditions.
Also, I think the factory recommendation of 3/8" to 1/2" track slack is way too tight. I think that is part of my wear problem and I am going to put some more slack in the track before my next ride.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Hyperfax says to run only on a fully clipped track, you guys have any issues at all so far with the semi clipped pro track??

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
Hyperfax says to run only on a fully clipped track, you guys have any issues at all so far with the semi clipped pro track??

Not one bit, I didn't have my assault fully clipped either, the six wheels and brackets that came off my 09 assault weighed total 6 lbs

800 hillbilly

Jun 26, 2010
Jackman, Maine
I have a 155 pro, and I recently ran 5 miles of plowed dirt road with a passenger (ski doo owner/brother inlaw) who burned down his motor. I had my scratchers down the whole time and never felt or heared my OEM slides sticking or squeaking. I cant believe it either but they werent hurt at all. I did temper them the first time I took it out though. I was honestly thinking about getting a set of wheels for the middle, but after that Im going to hold off.

N

NWBackcountry

Jan 4, 2011
Bend, OR
If I run only two bogie wheels should I put them on the front or rear position? I figure the front inner wheel location will support more of my weight. Any thought?

SlingingMercury

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2009
My hyfax's had to be replaced after 375 miles. I put on one set of wheels and they are helping for sure, mine is a 163" so I'll be adding another set. 155" should be fine with one set mounted up front. These sleds like powder so if you are on trail you are really running the risk of burning your hyfax's up. I figure two sets of wheels is cheaper than replacing hyfax's every year.

155Assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Meridian, Idaho
Assault

I had my dealer put onthe extra wheels that came with the assault. I had to purchase cable scratchers to accomidate these. I do think the hyfax last longer than they used to, partially because of the increased thickness of the teflon and partially because the sled over heats faster than my IQ did.

Has anyone else had any experience with higher temps? I have a 3 year old. when we run down the trail to give her a ride @ 30 MPH, my sled on a groomed trail will overheat in about 5 miles or less with the scratchers up. I have been concerned what this will be like in the spring on a cold morning when everything is frozen....

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
groom trail = scratchers DOWN, ALWAYS. It will still heat up, going up hill, so stop and let it cool. I try and not let it get over 180, since my normal running temp in pow is about 123.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Can anyone give me a good place to get some bogie wheels? I have 2013 Pro RMK 800 155 and would like to add 1 or 2 sets of wheels.

Thanks

Premium Features