• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blue Marble Oil

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Ratio --------

Do any of you mix your fuel or do you rely on the auto magic factory injector. Results will very drastically if you purchase certified grade fuel by the 55 gal drum and mix it. I have no idea what you get at the local gas pump anymore.

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
I also do not like red line or Amsoil They do not run as clean as the APV cat oil. You can run it just make sure you clean your power valves every 500 miles.

You have my .02

Not trying ti hijack the thread here or anything. But I just picked up an '08 M8 and still have 2 gallons of Klotz left as I've ran Klotz for years. Any issues in the M sleds running Klotz?

Jan 8, 2008
Idafrigginho
I pre-mix. . .which I think levels the playing field and removes the wonderment as to whether your oiling system is properly doing its job. . .which is much more of a factor of whether or not your flux capacitor is properly lubed or your berries have a residue on them. . .but. . .I have used Blue Marble for 5 years now & I am a believer. . .I gained 300 rpm on the top end. . .had to add more weight to the primary. . .crisper bottom/midrange and no smoke. I rode all day with a blown base gasket and didn't have a lean seize. I have used Torco & Amsoil. . .both excellent in my book. . .but. .. neither added any pull to the handle bars. The downside. . .its harder to read plugs and there is no piston wash to judge your jetting to. So. . .just use crappy oil. . .dial in the jetting. . .then switch to BM. . .thats what I did.

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
floodgates are now open........

these oil threads remind of politics, he he

but seriously, after 5-sleds in 5 years
NO failures, here!!. All on factory injection, adjusted to 33:1 on ave.

01 800 mtn cat mod
03 F7 SP, used race sled
04 KK still running & original
07 M8 900miles
08 m10 SP 1200miles

09 M8 SP, new and not sure....but it'll probably be BM, duh.

S
Jun 22, 2008
works in iowa

Well I know I dont live out west but my doo mech mentioned the price difference between doo and bm and said it was good oil. I have been running it in my sled and jet skis and have had zero problems. Thats alot of river riding, U.P.riding and I try and make it out west as much as I can. So for now Ill continue running it if the dealer ever gets some they have not got a shipment in some time and are curious as to what is going on with BM.. just my 2cents!!!

josh

O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills
Too many variables

Three rotax's, 700, 670, 600HO, running on blue marble now for 3 years, 700 has 2800 miles and zero carbon anywhere in this motor, top of piston looks like it just came out of the box, check rave valves every other year, zero build up, less exhaust mess and pleasant odor but I have also had very good results with Injex, a 583 still running with about 8000 miles and has only lost 1# of compression since new, and a 12 year old 500 no problems. Debating oils is like debating brand of sleds or politics---too many variables. If you maintain your sleds,(correct jetting, correct oil ratio, etc), any oil will probably work for you.

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
I have also been using BM in all my sleds for over 6 years now with excellent results.
I've pulled them apart at times for various upgrades and have found the inside to be exceptionally clean, like new.

It smokes less which might help keep the greenies in the shared snow parks a little happier (not that I really give a $&^! ) but your riding gear smells a lot less after a day of riding.
I also have an enclosed trailer so the lack of smoke is a real plus there too.

I did also notice an increase in power, throttle response and gas mileage too.

Any sled will burn down if it's not set up for the elevation or riding style regardless of what kind of oil is used.

I originally started to use it because there is no DOO dealer within 40 miles of my house and the local cat dealer was selling it. I have no reason to ever change to another oil.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
What is the deal with BM, Its seems that its harder and harder to find the stuff now days. Good thing I have a supplier that seems to have direct connections.....I hope I still have a dealer:confused:

S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
heard a few horror stories, i stick with shell advance full syn. put alot of miles on between our 5 sleds and not one problem, i other than mine blowing up but thats not oil related.

Premium Features