• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blue Marble Oil

K

kevsled59

Dec 13, 2007
I have been using Blue Marble Oil for years and having good luck. Are there other people out there having the same good luck as me or is there something I should know. I ride a 08 D7 and was riding and 03 700 RMK. My son also uses it in his M7.

May 11, 2008
Kasson Mn.
I personaly dont use it but have heard some bad things about it from some reliable sources. It seems that some of their stuff latley was'nt up to par but thats just what i have seen hear on sw. I used to use entercepter but now just use good old enjex and it works great, keeps everthing clean and is a lot cheaper!!! IMO

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
I've been running it in my Escape because the PO ran it. I have no complaints with it but it does seem to gum up the exhaust valves. A buddy ran it in his 900 Cat and didn't have any complaints about it. A lot of guys run it and love it, a lot of guys won't run it to save their life. If it's working for you, stick with it.

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
I have ran it in my 04 800 Cat since new and the pistons are always clean. I did buy two cases way back though.

The oil discussion, what a sensitive topic. Over in my world, have had bad experiences with Amsoil and Blue Marble. Having good experience with Injex and having great experience with Torco.

The differences began to be clear as the miles on the sleds, four-wheelers and dirt bikes began to add up. The Amsoil, Klotz and Blue Marble all had a tendency to fall short to Torco and Injex by a few hundred miles. Both Torco and Injex maintiained excellent performance. This was very apparent after pulling apart a few motor components. After inspection, the power valves, pistons, crank and stuff were all surprisingly in good shape.

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Last edited:

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Have a cousin that runs Castrol Snow and never, ever has an engine problem for over 10k miles in last 2 Doos he's owned.

C
Nov 28, 2007
MT/DC
i got a sew summit last year (07 600) and ran one tank of xps and then switched to blue marble....this year im going back to xps. The BM has not given me any troubles, but it has given some buddys of mine issues, and from reading on here its not a risk i want to take. the only way ill keep using it is if i can get it bulk....

S
Jan 6, 2002
my comment:

for the last ten years or so i've been running castrol mineral oil because it was the cheapest oil i could find:eek:! not that i'm cheap.. i do like the best of things! but with this oil i never had any problems..or engine failures! even after few thousand km's...raves had minimal carbon deposits:)! i will continue using this oil..as i oppose to using high $$$ oils......and for what?

wheresthesnow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Kennewick, WA
I used a few gallons of Blue Marble in a new M8, and a couple other sleds, I didn't think it was anything special, but didn't have any problems either. I recently got a 5 gal bucket of this ZX or Z2, or X2, whatever its called, I've used it in dirt bikes now and its the first time by bikes haven't smoked, I will continue to use it.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
I run it in my 02 800 rotax. I didnt notice any horsepower increases or throttle response but, my sled does run a little better (not drastic) and has less smoke that is noticeable. I like it.

K

kevsled59

Dec 13, 2007
Now I'm a little nervous

I have had good luck but with what I am reading I am not sure sure if I should keep using the oil. I wish someone from Blue Marble would write in here to back up there oil.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Not my choice

After what I saw last week on the M7 top end, I won't be using it....ever. Maybe it was just a bad batch.

From what I have seen in the motor I would recommend that any one use it. In fact I strong discourage any of my customers use it. I did not have an opinion on it until I saw 2 engines that where running it last year torn apart.

I also do not like red line or Amsoil They do not run as clean as the APV cat oil. You can run it just make sure you clean your power valves every 500 miles.

You have my .02

Premium Features