• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Bear???

T

tgoodwin

Dec 6, 2007
Blackfoot
Just wondering if I could get some info. on Black Bear. Their snow depth on the Snotel site is unreal. I have a cabin on Henry's lake and do most of my riding when I'm in Island Park at Jefferson. Is Black Bear fairly easy to get to by trail, or is there a parking lot nearby? More importantly, is it a better ride than Jefferson. I'm mostly into back country climbing/boondocking. Any info. would be appreciated. I'll be up there tomorrow night and riding Thursday and Friday. Thanks.

B
Dec 31, 2007
Lolo, MT
black bear

Just wondering if I could get some info. on Black Bear. Their snow depth on the Snotel site is unreal. I have a cabin on Henry's lake and do most of my riding when I'm in Island Park at Jefferson. Is Black Bear fairly easy to get to by trail, or is there a parking lot nearby? More importantly, is it a better ride than Jefferson. I'm mostly into back country climbing/boondocking. Any info. would be appreciated. I'll be up there tomorrow night and riding Thursday and Friday. Thanks.

Just kidding.

black bear leaving RRC5.JPG

T
Feb 28, 2008
I was there last weekend and if you are looking for hill climbing and lots of fresh powder, this isnt the place. We go here ever year and its usually great, even with less snow on the snotel, but i think the Presedents day weekend hammered the powder. Only thing i know about this area is its usually incredable powder and just rolling hills, great fun though. Just one mans thoughts.

Premium Features