• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bigger paddle or longer track?

C

catmanm7

If you were to chose, would you go from a 162 PC track to
Option 1- 162x3"
Option2- 174x 2.5"

Sled is geared down, so I doubt the longer track would have negative effects. I wouldnt extend the tunnel, just the rails. Anybody wish they just went with a longer paddle vs longer track. Share your experience

I personally have not went to a longer track in those kind of numbers but to me personally it is all up to what kind of riding you do. I would go with the larger lugs over length. 162" is a challenge in trees for me let alone a 174 it would be like trying to weasel a boat through. But then again for deep powder does the surface area make that much of difference? If your not concerned about cost then it's preference. It would be buying a $1000 track vs $1200 track and then $400 rails. I may be out in left field though twiddling my thumbs. Who knows.

Ya, to even add more to it, I have an air/water setup that I want to install.
A 3" track will probably be hitting my plumbing that would go back to the a/w cooler. So although a 3" would be easier, cheaper I dont know. Just wanted feedback from people before spending the money. Season is still young, not many have come back online yet...:face-icon-small-coo

I think you need to ask your self what type of riding will I do? For me a 174 would be nice on the turbo. I want the front end planted so I don't have to let out of the throttle at the wrong time hill climbing. This year I'm doing the 156 3" stock engine (slp pipe) and light weight parts, I'm planning on more tree riding. Leaving the turbo as is with the 162" 2.5 xterm to pull the hills.

I have a162 3" on my 2011 m8 turbo and it is amazing how well it works but a 174 would be nice also because mine is always standing on end and I think the 174 would cure most of that issue.

I run 174 on a t1000. I like the front end low and in control. It turns tighter than my friends dragon. Also the footprint is nice in bottomless powder. My .02.

I run 174 on a t1000. I like the front end low and in control. It turns tighter than my friends dragon. Also the footprint is nice in bottomless powder. My .02.

just put a kmod on it, you will get more control with a 153 than a 174 without plus it will hook up better.

I would go shorter with the right suspension setup, suspension makes a huge diff.

My personal issue is that it just seems that the track doesnt grab... Maybe its to soft and laying over. My skid can be adjusted to keep the front down. It may not be as good as the Kmod, but currently that isnt the problem. I have seen people say that the 174 is fine for boondocking as well. So I guess it just comes down to what I find for sale.

Premium Features

Back