• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Better Business Bureau claims?

I
Oct 25, 2008
Has anyone that is having problems with their sled filed a report with the Better Business Bureau? If so, has there been any kind of reply back? I would think filing a claim would be another great way to inform a sled mfg of any issues that may warrant a recall. If there are enough claims, the mfg may be forced by the BBB to take action. Just a thought.
T

NRHS

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2012
Firestone, CO
The better business bureau does not have the authority to force any business to do anything. All they do is file reports and act as a middle man in disputes.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Has anyone that is having problems with their sled filed a report with the Better Business Bureau? If so, has there been any kind of reply back? I would think filing a claim would be another great way to inform a sled mfg of any issues that may warrant a recall. If there are enough claims, the mfg may be forced by the BBB to take action. Just a thought.
T

who says they are not or will not take action?

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Any reputable company takes their BBB rating seriously.

Polaris SHOULD take a BBB complaint with seriousness.... I highly recommend it as an option.
Polaris sleds are great but also have serious issues and they are getting away with leaving some high and dry

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Just because you call the BBB and complain doesnt mean that they will give Polaris a bad rating. They (BBB) will give Polaris time to correct the issue, and thats exactly what Polaris will do (in time correct the issue).

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
i have posted this on several different threads. Consumer Product Safety Commission is the place to file a report for this driveshaft issue. i can assure you that if enough people file a report something will happen. Here is link to file a report:https://www.saferproducts.gov/CPSRMSPublic/Incidents/ReportIncident.aspx
That is basically the same as going thru your AG....except normally..your AG will get it handled faster..but wouldnt hurt to file both..and yes, the more that file the better..but if you have a legitamate beef..they will act on your complaint......but dont expect instant results..mine has gone over 8 months(manufacturer finally took care of mine) but the AG is not done with them yet....................

I
Oct 25, 2008
Any reputable company takes their BBB rating seriously.

Polaris SHOULD take a BBB complaint with seriousness.... I highly recommend it as an option.
Polaris sleds are great but also have serious issues and they are getting away with leaving some high and dry

I agree. Whether a claim is through the BBB, AG, or any other agency, it is important that consumers take action if they have issues. These places have a lot more influence on mfgs than what an individual would have when they call or email a mfg customer service center. I have a '12 ProR 800, so I'm not picking on just Polaris either. Any mfgs can have problems. It does not matter if they produce sleds, Autos, or goods you buy in a store. Dealers/sellers can't do everything. It is important consumers are heard when they have legit problems, and they can use these agencys as another avenue to make their voice heard. It helps mfgs come up with resolutions and produce better products in the future.

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
So you guys are already so pissed off that you are ready to file withathe BBB or another agency to try to get resolve? Come on really? Most people have not put there sleds on the snow yet and getting a fix takes a bit of time!

How many of you with broken shafts are getting the short end of the stick from your dealer or Polaris. Did Polaris tell you to piss off? Give them a chance to make it right!

Reactions: 2007dragonman

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
easy it takes time to get things going they have figure out what went wrong then a fix for it the make and send out the parts to fix it.maybe it would be wiser put rkt drive shaft fix on it and ride until a perminent fix is available

Reactions: 2007dragonman

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
So you guys are already so pissed off that you are ready to file withathe BBB or another agency to try to get resolve? Come on really? Most people have not put there sleds on the snow yet and getting a fix takes a bit of time!

How many of you with broken shafts are getting the short end of the stick from your dealer or Polaris. Did Polaris tell you to piss off? Give them a chance to make it right!

My claim has nothing to do with a 13 sled..its over a 11 sled from last spring...

easy it takes time to get things going they have figure out what went wrong then a fix for it the make and send out the parts to fix it.maybe it would be wiser put rkt drive shaft fix on it and ride until a perminent fix is available

You can spend your money on a shaft clamp if you want..but ...if the joint between the hub and shaft fails..not one of the current clamps being sold is going to keep the shaft from failing...pretty soon either some one else will figure out the right way to design a "fix"..or polaris will get them fixed themselves...but I would save my clamp money....

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
That is basically the same as going thru your AG....except normally..your AG will get it handled faster..but wouldnt hurt to file both..and yes, the more that file the better..but if you have a legitamate beef..they will act on your complaint......but dont expect instant results..mine has gone over 8 months(manufacturer finally took care of mine) but the AG is not done with them yet....................
AK. Are you ready to pull your hair out? I am. :yo:
:focus:

Reactions: AKSNOWRIDER

redrockwr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
Moab, Utah
The better business bureau does not have the authority to force any business to do anything. All they do is file reports and act as a middle man in disputes.

I think the BBB is a waste. You could be the Crappiest company in the world and you can buy an A+ rating from the BBB. I think most corporations could really care less about the BBB ratings.

On the other hand if the AG office or maybe Governors office of Consumer Protection, if they called me I may listen.

Premium Features