• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Way to Trim 3" Lug for M8

M

M8Freerider

Just finished getting my 174 3" track installed in my 2010 M8 and it was a tight squeeze. The outside lugs have to be trimmed to clear the heat exchanger lines so my question is do I trim at 45dg angle or notch the track in and L shape? I did see a pic on the forum with track trimmed in an L notch and it looked good, but I am wondering would the angle cut work better or does it matter either way??

Would appreciate the input.

It is real easy and quick. 45* them with a 18 volt skil saw. Look close and you can see them.
BigWheel_zps4c98f472.jpg

I used side cutters, worked great and nice clean look. Easy to reuse for touch ups. I fit mine pretty tight and still never had any issues and ran the suspension in the upper hole as well. The guy I bought my M1200T from was surprised the way I made it fit compared to what the shop did to fit the 1200 tunnel. Wasn't too bad really...

I used a cutter I got from Home Hardware, worked really well. Its super tight in there... Do you get allot of wind noise when the track is spinning?

I have X3 156. Its clear all the way. (2011 m8)

Using stock driver? assuming it's 15" wide not the 16" wide track correct?

I believe MikeW5945 used a 16" cut down to 15" thus having to 45 the outside lugs or does this still have to happen on the 15" tracks too?

Premium Features

Back