• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best remote start?

'06 F350 PSD.

Narrowed it down to between a Astrostart and Viper. Leaning towards Viper as the Astrostart dude pissed me off here in town.

Anyway, anybody use the viper? Good? Bad?

why dont you ask your Ford dealer?????? yours is probally the only one that came from there this year that doesnt already have it. Everytime I talk to him he is headed to Minot for auto start.

BTW ... Matt, I am giving up on the coat and now I want free cell service instead... :D

I have the astro start in mine. I was able to get the long range astrostart way cheaper than anything else at the time and I had a GM mechanic install it in my car at the time. I think I would go with the astrostart again if I had to get another one. It has been reliable and no known electrical problems. I would advise you to get it installed before Christmas or the wait times are usually a month.

I have a Monday appt for the Astrostart and Tue for the Viper. The Viper at Best Buy is about $80 cheaper. (I've know the installer at BB for 4-5 years, does a good job)

Summitman is sold on the Astrostart but the dealer here is $50 higher than Minot. And I'm not going to Minot!!!

Last edited:
I think the key is to know the installer. I've seen some people have some pretty questionable installs. During college I worked at BB and it made a huge difference if you knew the installers as to the amount of care they used in your vehicle. I think either system is probably as good as the other and each have their pros and cons.

I think the key is to know the installer. I've seen some people have some pretty questionable installs. During college I worked at BB and it made a huge difference if you knew the installers as to the amount of care they used in your vehicle. I think either system is probably as good as the other and each have their pros and cons.

That's what I thought, too. Thanks.:cool:

The GM dealer here won't do anything other than the Astrostart. I've had a couple now and they work flawless. I really think the whole key is the installer.

Well whatever you do, stay away from any Ford delaers in North Dakota. I hear they are all overpriced gougers............:D:D:D

Well whatever you do, stay away from any Ford delaers in North Dakota. I hear they are all overpriced gougers............:D:D:D

You should see some of the chit they deliver. Molding coming off the window, molding on roof about to fall off. Amazing how they do it. :eek: ;) :D

Jeez, thanks Beels. Make the decision a little harder. :rolleyes: Yeah, Viper's been around awhile and I do know the installer. He's done stuff before and all worked well.

I'm late to this subject but I can say nothing bad about Astro Start. They have a great warranty, great products and ranges over 2000' on some and up to a 1mile on others.

They have 2 way communication so you know the status of your car/truck and what it's doing at all times. Also has theft protection, no touching the gas or brake when the key is out or it will shut down and give you a message. Also it has programmable settings for temp and time.

I love mine, summer or winter it rocks. Cool A/C in the summer and warm heat in the winter.

These have to be installed by licensed places for warranty concerns. No dime store stuff here. Mine for my 04 Superduty was $400 installed.

http://www.astroflex.com/index.php?module=CMS&id=2&newlang=eng

I have a astrostart in my truck and a viper in the wifes car, I had them both installed at the same place and they do a great job, I like the viper a little better as far as functions or options go but the key fob is a little harder on batteries(only one AAA so not a big deal). Probably would buy either again but my vote is for the viper.

Premium Features

Back