• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Readily Avaliable Ski

C

carbondaddy

Nov 26, 2007
Revy
So I got all excited about trying one of the curve skiis and sent an email to soldiers of tomorrow like you said. That was last sunday and I haven't heard back from them. I also sent an email to curve industries 4 days ago and they haven't returned any correspondence either. I guess they are both too rich and don't want my money.

R
Feb 16, 2011
Hi all been on Snowest for a long time, never posted though. Not trying to derail the Curve ski (I'm looking to learn more also), but I'm curious if anyone has looked at or played with the M.O.D.S. skis with the snowbikes.

http://www.modsskis.com/images/picturepage.htm

The big concern discussed between Ryan and myself is the aluminum mounting plate and how it would hold up. The owner of M.O.D.S. skis goes by the name of junkless on the backcountry rebels forum. No idea if he's on here, though I believe in my google searches I've found thread regarding those skis on the snowest forums.

Sorry if this this isn't the proper thread for it, since there's technically two ski threads, if this post doesn't belong here someone have an admin move/remove it. Also, thanks to Ryan for letting me badger him on his youtube channel.

Ryanexcr

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2011
Washington State
CarbonDaddy Sorry you are not having any luck getting in contact with anyone at Curve Industries have you tried calling direct?? I have talked with Nick their about 4 times with no problems. And Dan at soldier of tomorrow is probably racing or busy working on his snow bike kit, but I purchased mine threw him with no problems. Good Luck.

Last edited:

Ryanexcr

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2011
Washington State
Hey Dan I should be over in your neck of the woods next Friday for a few days hanging out with Jade and a couple other snow bike guys, we should hook up maybe if you are around. I would like to check out your kits.

S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
Skis are doing great and haven't heard anything negative about the ski on a snow bike. Can't wait to hear from Timbersled as they now have bought a set to ride. I am sure they will be as pleased with the performance as Frozen MOTO has been and continues to be!

Last edited:
S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
So as we continue to develop and solidify our relationships in the snow bike testing and development with Curve Industries we strive to help produce the best riding experience available for snow biking in general.

As such with a few of the Curve XS skis now being on Mountain Horses we have had the chance to get some feed back and are currently working with Curve Industries to improve the handling of the Mountain Horse. We are seeing some differences in handling due to the ski pressure that is a major difference from the Mountain Horse and SMX that we havent seen as a problem with the SMX. We currently will be applying some new technology to the ski in two different areas that we hope will rememdy some of the ski pressure issues improving the quailty of handling of the Mountain Horse and can be applied to the ski when ordering.

We anticipate getting these new techonlogies tested in the next couple weeks and we will get some feed back to you as we are anticiapating another great improvement over the currently used Simmons Flex Ski. Thanks to Curve Industries for being the real deal Curve has been an exceptional partner in the snow bike industry with Frozen MOTO!

Dan

Reactions: Ryanexcr

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
ski curving and swerv'n

so its been two months of spring testing the curve ski since last post ?

Any body out there parked their Simmons and riding the curve for a comparison ?

S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
I know there are alot of them out there being riden and after talking with people that are riding them they cant beleive just how good it does do from their usage stand point and feedback. Kind of quiet in the summer must admit this is the first time back for quite a while....

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
It would be interesting to hear what Timbersled thought of the Curve ski when they tried it. Since they made one of their own, they must see potential improvements at least.

Rob

S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
There isn't a better production ski out right now than the Curve we pushed this ski last winter and never had it wash out on us EVER! this ski simply works. I find it funny that still no one has put out a negative review that has bought the ski from us. I would love to hear how this new ski isn't trying to emulate and isn't trying to achieve what the curve xs accomplishes by staying in geometry. Geometry and technology has everything to do with the handling so to say "I don't know about" says a lot when your trying to build something that is directly related to geometry in a set of forks that is rake, travel, caster, camber etc... maybe these are just engineering and architectural terms we learned with formal education and college bachelor's and masters degrees. I know that the ski utilizes technology and proven engineering to capture the fork geometry movement range. I am also curious why Simmons believes in a center keel all of a sudden? Kind of interesting they are the ones building this ski when they haven't been a center keel company.
I will work on a video clip to explain the geometry and engineering behind the curve xs on bikes for those of you who don't understand it.

Last edited:
Reactions: KAWGRN

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
Im sure it is a decent ski, but what is even more interesting is that out of all the ones that have bought it. No one comes clean here and tells us about how great it works. I think most 1 skiers still havent found a great ski and if some guys or gals would have, I think that would have been written about it here.

Curve ski is probably decent and all, but I am sure TS will have the best ski out there with the new one Simmons is making for them.

To me it does not matter who makes it. I just want a real great ski for all surfaces, or the closest thing to that. :yo:

Reactions: KAWGRN
S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
So you're basically saying that the people who don't like it are too dumb to understand it. I see....

Seriously Rush I figured you could read since you type, WAY OFF TARGET there maybe I need to explain to you slower Rush.... lol Don't try and change my words, tell me where I said anyone was dumb.... Didn't even call your response "dumb" better than that still lol. Everyone ALWAYS asks for pictures and videos now when I am trying to add them for ALL the forum people and you RUSH decide that people are dumb because they ask for pics and videos, hmmmm now you dont want me to put them up why you can always skip my posts right?

Now then for the rest of the forum that aren't TS dealers or sell TS products that they have an interest in promoting or arguing about and that want this explained and a video and pics as I am always asked for. I will be posting the pics and videos of how the ski utilizes the technology and geometry to accomplish their outstanding performance.

As for edges like a snowboard the venturi actually does create an edge for you which bites and holds with the center keel, you will be able to see that as far as wear etc... of a whole season on the ski I will use for the video as it is my one and only ski I used all of last winter, shows the wear.

As far as a side carbide it is built in however there is now a new piece of equipment for the ski called a thruster it bolts on to the outside edge of the ski on the lip of the venturi that holds it more rigid. While we did not see ANY problems with the side cut of the ski this piece has been produced predominately for snowmobile applications and we are going to try it this year on the snow bike.

I hear you on the reviews of the ski Robster and Cat, I find that those that have ordered it are excited about it and love riding it. The over whelming and vast majority of these individuals don't have snowest accounts and don't utilize this site as a means for justifying their purchases to others due to the sort of response that of Rush's here no merit or informative value simply arguementative.

That being said I will be getting a few guys from here to ride and write unbiased reviews for the rest of you out there that truly what to understand and produce "innovation through rider driven advancement", one of the Frozen MOTO motto's.

That being said Frozen MOTO is interested in a few guys to ride the ski and see what you think/review. We are working on a demo program and will roll it out shortly. If you are seriously interested in trying this ski to compare it send me a PM with your email and phone info and I will be contacting a few of you to get it on the snow with you on your bike and then you can experience it first hand. FM is also putting on several demos and a few races this winter for those of you who want to try it you will be able to at these events as we will have some on hand for you to bolt on and again experience it not just hear about it but ride the ski and bike.

No offense to any design but there is a big difference in handling period between the TS and FM due to our systems TS being a snowmobile skid system from a snowmobile products company under a bike and the FM system being built around the bike from a dirt bike riders perspective. I have ridden a TS a few times and I know there are definite differences in the rides and handling the reason we started FM. It still comes back to personal feel just like bikes KTM, Kaw, Yamaha, Honda, etc...

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
maybe these are just engineering and architectural terms we learned with formal education and college bachelor's and masters degrees.

So you get a pass for being passive-aggressive. Bravo.

It has been said before, not by me but by others on the forums, that your snowbike kit is as elusive as Bigfoot. I've been waiting patiently for over a year now for you to step up and show some conclusive proof that you have something better than everyone else (which you never stop saying you do) other than "well, other people LOVE it but they just don't come here so I can't do anything about that". How convenient.

What have we seen? A silly video of the FrozenMoto system jumping off a snowy roof somewhere. Conclusive proof that your suspension system is TOP NOTCH, right? Oh we've also seen some blurry pictures of the FrozenMoto system racing in the dirt... again, your patented technology is blowing away the competition!

I don't work for Timbersled. I don't get paid by Timbersled. I don't get any perks or any special treatment from Timbersled. I just love their product and do my best to help people out when my advice might be beneficial.

/RANT OFF

S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
Too Funny

So now you want video and pictures Rush, lol?

Rush:
What have we seen? A silly video of the FrozenMoto system jumping off a snowy roof somewhere. Conclusive proof that your suspension system is TOP NOTCH, right? Oh we've also seen some blurry pictures of the FrozenMoto system racing in the dirt... again, your patented technology is blowing away the competition!

FM response:
There are a couple more videos out there however not a lot due to my broken arm last march and not being able to ride after that dirt wreck in a race. As far as blurry pictures not sure about that gave you the address of the professional photographer that took them you can see them right on his website as well in HD not sure why they are blurry for you they come up great here and do show how advanced the suspension is. Tell you what I will give you the benefit of the doubt a simple question for you Rush how much travel does the FM have? simple question can you even get close with your understanding of it, an approximate inch range will work....

I don't see any others doing really harsh testing like these conditions anyone can jump in soft snow how does the unit really hold up in the hard packed concrete of a dirt track we showed the FM does great! Oh and beat dirt bikes on the dirt track where they should have the advantage..... But the system doesn't work right Rush?

That about covers your response right? Still didn't see where I called someone dumb? Or are you still talking about something you don't understand ? Have you seen the unit let alone thrown a leg over one? Not like we were hiding all winter on the MWR and Free riding we posted where we were make the effort or don't knock it until you've cleared up the ignorance right and actually have a knowledge base to draw from about the system? See I have that benefit from riding and being around the TS systems and wanting something more.

Premium Features