• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Readily Avaliable Ski

S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
As a new snowbike company we were very interested in the differences between skis that were out there and what could be done.
After a lot of testing and changing of skis, Frozen MOTO was excited to go with another new guy to snowbikes the Curve Industries ski!

This ski gives you the best of both worlds, on trail and off, without having to give up a single aspect of your riding. This means that it is actually enjoyable and not a menacing experience for you to get from the parking lot to the open powder or where ever it is that you like to ride. We at Frozen MOTO even went for a "trail" ride of sorts just due to its ability to act like a bike not an unpredictable machine.

The key is the patented X Beam construction and side cut in the ski. When you think about the geometry of a dirt bike and you associate that with the front of a snowbike it becomes an obvious advantage to narrow the contact patch and curve it to reduce the contact within that patch farther giving you response with forgiveness. The narrow center keel with single carbide gives you the best contact patch possible. Couple that with the natural curve of the ski that is backed up by the rigid x Beam eliminating flex and you have the best geometry going! Not to mention the ONLY ski that truely mimics the contact patch of a dirt bike tire.

I have termed the steering action associated with the Simmons for example as "active steering", this means one must stay active on the handle bars and provide your undivided attention due to the width of the carbides being out of the intended geometry or contact patch for a dirt bike. When you ride a dirt bike you are looking for full use of the geometry meaning the fold of the bike and the ability to lean the machine initiating or creating your turn not actively steering through the turn on the current dual or more carbide or blade system such as the Simmons flex ski. This is further enhanced by the hour glass style side cut of the ski which allows the ski to turn over while still maintaining contact and purchase bite with the surface and actually increasing the your ski integrity and predictability.

This is what the Curve Ski gives you the ability to lean and ride the bike as intended without giving up the integrity and predictability of one of the most important part of snowbiking, steering.

S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
Pictures

Here are those picstures of the ski. The dart is gone from my snowbike completely! After unloading in the parking lot and riding to the first switchback I felt so comfortable withthe ski that I let a rookie rider ride it and all I can say is he had no problems and had a huge smile on his face. After riding all afternoon and heading back I noticed a missing bolt on my bike. not on the ski but on the track the funny thing was I wasnt worried about the front end at all on the ride down the trail and out on the hardpacked conditions and was surprised myself when I was all of a sudden back at the truck without and front end craziness.

Curvephoto1.jpg Curvephoto3.jpg

Reactions: OffroadMT

Ryanexcr

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2011
Washington State
I can't wait for mine to get here so I can get out and try it. I will post up my results in a few days after I get my first ride impressions.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Here are those picstures of the ski. The dart is gone from my snowbike completely! After unloading in the parking lot and riding to the first switchback I felt so comfortable withthe ski that I let a rookie rider ride it and all I can say is he had no problems and had a huge smile on his face. After riding all afternoon and heading back I noticed a missing bolt on my bike. not on the ski but on the track the funny thing was I wasnt worried about the front end at all on the ride down the trail and out on the hardpacked conditions and was surprised myself when I was all of a sudden back at the truck without and front end craziness.

Thanks for the photos.. kind of sim. to a modern snow ski.. Interesting..
how did it stick in the corners or in the powder??

S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
It sticks like no other in the corners of the track and trail! I was able to set up a pass due to the ski specifically on the track. The pictures on the website are of a guy turning who had only been on the bike for about 5 minutes. Check out www.soldiersoftomorrow.com click on the photos and videos and you will the rider and sequence shots of the ski in action about 7-10 inches of snow is what we were riding that day. You can see it is completely laid over in the third and forth shots.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
It sticks like no other in the corners of the track and trail! I was able to set up a pass due to the ski specifically on the track. The pictures on the website are of a guy turning who had only been on the bike for about 5 minutes. Check out www.soldiersoftomorrow.com click on the photos and videos and you will the rider and sequence shots of the ski in action about 7-10 inches of snow is what we were riding that day. You can see it is completely laid over in the third and forth shots.

I'm interested to know what other ski setups you have used...
Your name looks familiar from the GP zero race a few years ago???

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
so this ski is an aftermarket ski I could by for my sled too right? or is it just for snow bikes?

Last edited:

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
so this ski is an aftermarket ski I could by for my sled too right? or is it just for snow bikes?

Yep you can buy them for sleds. I actually had them on a sled I used to have. Not a widely used ski so they may be hard to find used but I would try that first.

S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
The ski is 7.5 in the front a waist of 5.5 and then tail back out to 7 inches in the rear.
I like ditch banging and jumping on cut banks with it and I haven't had problem washing out at all. When jumping the cut banks you leave from a steep side hill approach and the you land on that same steep down hill descent. It is a great way to challenge yourself and improve skill and confidence in the front end as well. Yes you can get the skis for your sled as well
What people are failing to realize is snow skis and snowboards for personal use are built in the exact same fashion. If this wasn't the best technology out there a million people would be wrong. The side cut actually allows the ski to flex some creating a verity of purchase or bite along several aspects of the ski. Therefore it takes more to make the ski slip out on you. I posted the pictures on the website today that shows how it doesn't take ski pressure to create turn ability. Have you ever drifted a snowbike on purpose. This ski allows you to do just that stay in control of where it is planted and remove the backed from driving it and drift. You can see that on the soldiers website front page.
The Curve ski is simply amazing!

Premium Features