• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Pipe for 07 800R?

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
I have a 07 summit 800R and was wondering what peoples opinions were about the best pipe setup. I got a CPI pipe after i wrecked my stock pipe hitting a tree. I am not convinced that the CPI pipe is making any more horsepower than my stock pipe did, even though CPI claims a 9 hp gain on their dyno sheets. What do you guys think is the best setup for extra horse? I have my CPI pipe with an hps can and stock y-pipe. I was thinking about getting a SLP y-pipe and maybe boring my carbs too.

Evan

well iv tried 3 dif. pipes on my 07 stock and slp kit even tried twins and if you pay attition to your rpms on a hard pull you will find that the stock pipe is the best at elavation anyway the worst for me were the twins and yes i tried the cpi it was the closest to stock as far as working but the high mark was always the stock pipe and yes i spent a whole week screwing around with diffrent clutching and jetting with the diffrent pipes all i did was waste money because im back to stock.but i did have some fun i geuss tuning on it just wish winter was longer

pipe

Talked to Bikeman at Haydays, they even said the stock pipe is hard to beat. Might gain some with Y-pipe but not much for the expense.

I have a SLP Pipe on my xp 800R. It made a huge difference. I am amazed that people say that it doesn't make much improvement over stock. I have a 163 and at 40 mph i can goose it and pull th skies off the ground. Couldn't do that with the stock pipe. Maybe the guys aren't adjusting the clutch with the new pipes. While riding in two or three feet of fresh snow my sled would out do the stock sleds with us all day long. It only took one ride with my buddies to upgrade their sleds with a new pipe.

I guess in short the SLP pipe set up correctly is a huge difference. Much more power. For the proper set up contact Josh Cutler in Idaho Falls.

I have a SLP Pipe on my xp 800R. It made a huge difference. I am amazed that people say that it doesn't make much improvement over stock. I have a 163 and at 40 mph i can goose it and pull th skies off the ground. Couldn't do that with the stock pipe. Maybe the guys aren't adjusting the clutch with the new pipes. While riding in two or three feet of fresh snow my sled would out do the stock sleds with us all day long. It only took one ride with my buddies to upgrade their sleds with a new pipe.

I guess in short the SLP pipe set up correctly is a huge difference. Much more power. For the proper set up contact Josh Cutler in Idaho Falls.

I think you're comparing apples to oranges - two different pipe designs. In fact, SLP NEVER did make a pipe for the '07 800R so if you tried one then it was designed for the older Ptek or HO 800's and no wonder it lost power.

Has anyone tried a Dynoport for the '07? Rich is one of the few who did make on specific to that model but he only got 4-5 HP as I recall him saying. If I were to buy one I'd look in that direction. Not so sure I want to dump a bunch of money into an '07 tho with as bad a resale value they have.

Have FUN!

G MAN

PS - Lose the HPS can with an aftermarket pipe; bad combo from what I've seen.

Last edited:
I think you're comparing apples to oranges - two different pipe designs. In fact, SLP NEVER did make a pipe for the '07 800R so if you tried one then it was designed for the older Ptek or HO 800's and no wonder it lost power.

Has anyone tried a Dynoport for the '07? Rich is one of the few who did make on specific to that model but he only got 4-5 HP as I recall him saying. If I were to buy one I'd look in that direction. Not so sure I want to dump a bunch of money into an '07 tho with as bad a resale value they have.

Have FUN!

G MAN

PS - Lose the HPS can with an aftermarket pipe; bad combo from what I've seen.

My bad didn't realized it was for the 07 R . Yes mine was on an 08 XP.
Sorry about the confusion

Premium Features

Back